Chapter 12

A/N: Before you come at me, I know the anime does not end here. But the last few episods will practically be the same, because (Y/n) won't join them. So I'm going to move on to the manga soon.

(Y/n) ran toward the forest, a look of worry plastered on her fast. Everything went so wrong, so, so fast, and they weren't even prepared for it. Most of the sorcerers in the forest were already knocked out or too tired from fighting each other, as curse users and Special Grade curses invaded the forest.

"Fuck" (Y/n) cursed as a veil formed around the forest, she knows she won't make it. She skid to a stop, right before hitting the veil as Satoru, Utahime, and Gakuganji caught up to her. "Lovely... Now that it's down, all I need to do is break it" Satoru grumbled, as he analyzed the veil. As he touched the veil, he was quickly shocked away from it.

"Hey, look" Utahime called, as her hand breached past the barrier. "Huh, isn't that great? Looks like our opponents planned this out quite well" (Y/n) noted as she glared at the veil. "You three go ahead, (Y/n), you know what to do" Satoru ordered as he glanced at her. "Right" (Y/n) said with a head nod before running through the barrier.

Her goal? To take out the Special Grade curse, while Gakuganji and Utahime take out the Curse Users. She's not going to bother waiting for explanations or further orders. As she moved through the trees, she passed by two Curse Users, who were unable to see or sense her. She was lucky, otherwise, she would've been their first target, and that's something she wants to avoid.

Finally, she managed to pinpoint where the Special Grade was, as she ran toward it, she noticed Toge getting ready to fight it. "Take this, you ugly piece of shit!" (Y/n) exclaimed as she barreled toward the curse with a ball of lightning in her hands. The collision created a bunch of smoke as she sent the curse flying. "Sorry, was I late?" She asked as she turned to the injured trio.

"Tuna..." Toge muttered with a look of relief, as Megumi let out a sigh as he slumped. "You three get out of here, I've got this" (Y/n) ordered as she turned her attention toward the curse. "Maki grabbed the injured, don't get in my way" (Y/n) snapped as she glanced over at Maki. "I won't let you fight this thing alone-" Maki was interrupted as she was shoved to the side, as tree branches aimed to hit her.

"Go! Now!" (Y/n) demanded as she jumped over the roots and ran right for the curse. "(Y/n)! No! Don't!" Megumi exclaimed in worry. "She's right, we'll only get in her way," Kamo said through gritted teeth, as he attempted to stand up. Maki glared at him, before glancing over to (Y/n), who sent the curse flying into the forest.

Instantly, (Y/n) ran after the curse, aiming to send the curse farther away from them, in order to escape. "That idiot, she better not die" Maki growled as she glared at the trees. It did not take long for (Y/n) to be on the curse again, a bit surprised that she managed to get the curse in a small river. "Give up, you have the disadvantage," the curse told her, the words slightly itching her brain.

"That's where you're wrong, you see, I only showed you one of my techniques" (Y/n) informed as she took off her mask, that covered her eye. "I could not use it on your buddy, as they are impervious to my attacks. But you, you'll feel and experience everything" she said with a smirk, as she placed her hands together.

"Water Tomb"

Before the curse could even react, it was sucked into the water below it, with (Y/n) following suit. From the surface, a large dark spot covered the lake, with bubbles and ripples penetrating within it. "(Y/n)!" Yuji exclaimed as he ran out of the forest and toward the river. "No! Don't, brother" Todo exclaimed as he held an arm out, preventing Yuji from rescuing her.

"But she needs our help! I can't just stand by and watch her die!" Yuji reasoned, with a look of worry. "I know how you feel! But we cannot help her until they both reemerge from the water" Todo explained as he eyed the water. Yuji felt his lip tremble as he watched the water, waiting impatiently for her success.