Chapter Four

Stiles has never been for one for silence, and right now he was beyond uncomfortable. Derek was sitting next to him, tapping away on his phone, and Stiles stares out the window while they drive to the hotel room. Stiles does say anything, and he turns towards Derek when he lights a cigarette. "You shouldn't smoke. It's bad for you." Stiles says, looking back out the window. Derek just snorts before blowing smoke in Stiles direction.

"Yeah, so is a lot of things that are fun." Derek hums, and Stiles doesn't say anything to him as the hotel comes into view. Stiles has no idea how he's going to explain this to Scott, and he wipes his hand over his face. The car stops by the curve and there's a small crowd out of his hotel room. "Make it snappy, yeah?" Derek says, and Stiles does his best to glare before he gets out of the car. He's not intimating at all, no matter how hard he tries, and the crowd gets excited before calming when they see that it's him.

Stiles takes several deep breathes while he makes his way to the hotel room, and Stiles walks to his hotel room. He opens the door to see that Scott has finished packing everything away, and he's waiting impatiently on the bed. "Dude! What took so long? Our plane leaves in like half an hour." Scott tells him, and Stiles tries his best to smile at him.

"I'm not going back with you." Stiles says, his voice small. Scott looks at him in surprise before sitting up to look at him. Stiles is doing his best not to cry, he's been surprisingly calm about all of this, and he shakes his head as he grabs his things.

"Why? Dude, I know that sex is great and fun, but there's no need to stay married to the guy." Scott tells him, and Stiles wipes his eyes. "Whoa, don't cry. Tell Scotty everything that happened, okay?" Scott says, and Stiles sniffs.

"The judge wouldn't give us an annulment because we had sex, and the law here doesn't grant a divorce until we've been married and living together for a year." Stiles tells him, and Scott looks at him in disbelief. "They can do that. I wish they couldn't, but they can." Stiles tells him as if reading his mind.

"What's his name? What's his deal? Why isn't he fighting this?" Scott demands to know, and Stiles chuckles softly before he grabs the rest of his things.

"His name is Derek Hale." Stiles says, and Scott's eyes widen some. "I think he's a singer or something." Stiles adds, and Scott moves to tap on his phone while he doesn't say anything. Stiles sighs to himself before he moves to get the last of his things. His father is expecting him home today, how is he going to explain that he won't be home for a year? Stiles makes a squeaking noise at that, and Scott looks at him before pulling him closer.

"It'll be okay, Stiles." Scott tells him, and Stiles shakes his head. It isn't going to be okay, it cannot be. He's married to a stranger in a foreign country, he knows it's not going to be okay. "Derek Hale is a richy rich asshole from the band Unknown Artist, he's the bassist. The leader singer is Erica Reyes, Jackson Whittermore plays drums, and Isaac Lahey, who is dreamy, is the lead guitarist and back up singer." Scott tells him, and Stiles doesn't want to tell him that he really doesn't care. "Dude. Derek's written like thousands of songs about not wanting to get married or settle down, and his last girlfriend tried to stab him when he broke up with her." Scott tells him, and Stiles wants to slam his head against the wall.

"Well, I am married to him. And I will be married to him for the next year." Stiles hisses, and he instantly looks at Scott apologetically. "Scotty, I'm sorry. This is just a lot to take in and he's kind of mean to me. I don't want to go live with him, I want to go home. What am I going to do with my doctorate interview?" he sniffs to himself.

"Stiles, man. It will be okay. I have to go back to Beacon Hills, but I'll get you a lawyer there and we'll have you home soon." Scott tells him, and Stiles looks at him before he smiles at him. "Okay? Let me help you take your stuff down." Scott says, and Stiles nods his head before his best friend takes his hand to lead him back down to the car.