Chapter Seven

"How are you today, Stiles?" Deaton asks, and Stiles smiles at him while taking off his jacket before sitting down on the sofa. He feels the soft fabric under his hands, it's a nervous tick he thinks to himself, and he hums to himself.

"I'm doing well. Derek's ill so he can't be here,so if you want to reschedule that's fine but I decided to show up anyway." Stiles explains, and Deaton smiles at him some before he leans back in his seat. Sometimes he makes Stiles nervous when he writes things down, like he knows that Stiles isn't normal or that he's going to find out that there's something wrong with him, but he doesn't show it to him. Stiles doesn't like therapist, it's nothing against Deaton or the medical professional.

Stiles knows that Derek isn't feeling well because he went to wake him up he seemed to have a headache that wasn't because of drinking, so he left him at his loft before walking to the appointment. He must admit that one thing he does love about living here is that he can take cabs or walk everywhere, it's nice. "What's wrong with him?" Deaton asks, and Stiles smiles before taking his phone out of his pocket to put it on the sofa next to him.

"His head hurts, I think." Stiles says, and Deaton nods his head while writing something down on his notepad that makes Stiles want to squirm with uneasiness. Derek didn't seem to want to be go to this meeting, more than usual, and so Stiles just let him sleep.

"How has your doctoral research going?" Deaton asks him, and Stiles sighs as he rubs the back of his head. The research hasn't been going for him. He cannot focus with Derek in the loft all the time, playing his guitar or singing (Stiles has found that Derek has a wonderful voice, and he doesn't think he sings enough. He personally thinks he sings better than Erica but he's no expert) so he hasn't been able to get a lot of things done for his dissertation.

"It's going fine. I guess." Stiles tells him, and Deaton seems to know that something is wrong with his answer so he wants for Stiles to add something else to the statement. Stiles doesn't want to add anything else to that, but Deaton appears to look at him like he's not going continue speaking until Stiles continue talking to him. "It's a little difficult to work in the loft when Derek's there or awake because he's trying to write new music and it's distracting. I can't focus without silence, and Derek is always really loud." Stiles tells him, and Deaton hums. "I don't think he means to be most of the time, but it doesn't stop him." Stiles says.

"Do you ask Derek to be quiet so you can focus?" Deaton asks, and Stiles laughs as he shakes his head. He doesn't feel like he really has a right to say that Derek cannot do what is necessarily his job in his own house just because Stiles needs some quiet. Stiles honestly feels like a guest in Derek's home even after almost two months, so he really doesn't want to starts something.

"I guess I could, but I don't want to bother him if he's working." Stiles tells him, and Deaton hums at his answer while he writes something down. "I feel like I don't have a right to tell him what to do in his own home, you know?" Stiles says, and Deaton gives him a curious look while he hums to himself.

"But it's your house too. Marriage is an equal partnership, Stiles. Derek needs to listen to you about what you're feeling and you two need to talk to work things out with each other." Deaton says, and Stiles fights the urge to tell the truth. He hates lying to people, but this is for the better so he doesn't say anything to Deaton. "Just because Derek makes more money than you doesn't mean that you don't have a say or less of one in the relationship." Deaton adds on,and Stiles bites his lip.

"I know. I found out that Derek's lawyer and agent had been cheating all of them out of money for years." Stiles tells him, and Deaton nods. "It's been all over the news, I know, and he's been angry tweeting along with his friends." Stiles tells him, and Deaton nods his head while he writes something down. Derek's been angry about that, and Stiles has trying to let him vent some.