Chapter Fifteen

"So Unknown Artist is nominated for an award or are you all just performing or showing up?" Stiles asks, fixing his shirt while he looks at Derek who's getting dressed in the room that has slowly become his and Derek's room. Derek smiles at him, it's one of those rare genuine smiles that makes Stiles' heart beat just a little faster, and he nods as he turns towards him. "And you're sure that I don't need to wear a suit?" Stiles asks, looking down at his plain black shirt.

"You look great by way, and we're just showing up since we're nominated." Derek tells him, slipping on his tee before putting on his leather jacket. "We're nominated for three. Best video, best group, and best song." Derek tells him, his voice laced with pride making Stiles smiles at him with happiness. He's proud of Derek too, and he moves to grab a jacket while he turns to look at Stiles. "When are you going to be back from taking what's his face to the airport?" Derek asks, and Stiles rolls his eyes at that.

For the past few days, Scott and Derek had dealing with each other with cold shoulders. Mostly they've been ignoring each other except when Stiles was there to moderate them, and then they just spoke quietly to each other about somethings that aren't important. Stiles doesn't know why they don't get along, he's pretty sure it has to do with the solid month that Derek treated him poorly, and he moves to go find Scott. "By five so plenty of time to ride with you to the show, okay?" Stiles says, and Derek nods his head at him.

"Be safe." Derek tells him, and Stiles chuckles as he goes to the guest room. Stiles knocks on his door and Scott turns his head to look at him.

"Hey, buddy. Ready to go?" Stiles asks, and Scott smiles at him while he moves to zip up his bag. Stiles wishes that Scott was able to stay for more than a few days, but it's expensive to stay long in England and Scott really didn't have it. Stiles didn't really have it either, he needed to look for a job because his father was telling him that he was getting requests for his student loan payments in the mail.

"Yeah, man. I'm sorry I couldn't stay longer, Stiles, but you're coming home soon." Scott tells him, and Stiles smiles at him. He only has about five more months left for the year, but he doesn't know if he's going to be staying with Derek while he goes on tour. Derek hasn't asked him to go, and Stiles doesn't want to bring it up.

"I know. I miss seeing my dad. Give him a hug for me, okay?" Stiles says, and Scott nods his head while he grabs his luggage. "Come on then. Let's get you back to Beacon Hills before my mother-in-law shows up and tries to take us shopping or something." Stiles says, grabbing his keys while Scott gives him a curious look.

"I thought Derek didn't get along with his mother?" Scott asks, and Stiles gives him an eye roll while he moves to lead him out of the loft while Derek screams a "no comment!" to Scott's question about his mother. Scott rolls his eyes at Derek before moving follow Stiles out of the apartment. "Goodbye, Derek." Scott says, sarcastically and Derek doesn't bother saying anything to him in return. Stiles rolls his eyes at both of them since they're both being ridiculous.

"I'll be back soon, okay?" Stiles says, and Derek hollers back an "okay!" while he finishes getting ready for the award show. Everyone is meeting at Derek's loft so they can go together, and he hums to himself while he answers a phone call from his mother.

****

"So be good, have fun, all of that stuff." Scott tells Stiles as they walk to the terminal, and Stiles smiles as he nods his head while Scott talks to him. "Hopefully, I'll be able to see the award show due to the time delay, but I can always check it out later." Scott adds on, and Stiles smiles as he nods his head. He hugs Scott one last time, he really doesn't want to let him go, and Scott kisses his cheek before he moves to catch his plane.