ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2: ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ 141, ᴋᴏʀᴛᴀᴄ

"Good morning." He corrected me. His rough, and hoarse voice seemed to almost echo in that tiny, shaded corner that I stood in. "Morning." I said, keeping my voice as monotone as possible. I would be lying if I said his voice wasn't attractive. Unlike some other gals on this base, I was proud to say that I didn't let my hormones lead, and affect my way of thinking. Sure, his voice was hot, but his attitude was a complete turn off. I could go on for hours about it, and everything that would be said wouldn't be compliments. Long story short, the fucker has way too many problems.

   Not like I don't have any myself, but his are way beyond repair. I learned the hard way that nothing good ever comes from getting involved with him. I heaved a tiny sigh, trying to clear my head of unnecessary thoughts. Instead, I fixated my gaze upon the captains who stood in a small circle, possibly discussing the arrangements of the soldiers. After coming to a conclusion, they all shook hands before parting ways, and Laswell put a hand up in the air signaling for us to come closer. I pushed my body off the wall, not really bothering to see if Simon still was there, and did a little stretch.

   I made my way up to Laswell, and the other lieutenants. Simon stopped following behind me as he shifted over to the side of me. Captain Price, and Kortac's captain started off towards the elevator, while Captain Laswell stood in place. After tearing my gaze from the others, I adjusted it to focus fully on her. "Alright lieutenants, I need you all to be standing side by side. You will introduce yourselves to these Kortac soldiers, as well as collect the ones that were assigned to your task force." She announced, holding her hand out, and gesturing over at the soldiers.

  Following where she was pointing, I glanced over at them. They all seemed tense, serious, almost intimidating. "Alright, let's get on with it." Laswell said, clapping her hands twice in the air, before walking to one end of the line that us lieutenants had formed. She pointed towards a man first, and he stepped forward, drawing a piece of paper from his jacket pocket. "Morning to all, my name is Keegan. Nothing to really say about myself. Welcome." He stated rather warmly. His mask moving slightly upward, suggested that he was grinning, or maybe even smiling. 'Scary.' I thought to myself.

   He unfolded the piece of paper, and started to read out names. "Askell, Fender, and Zero. Please step forward." He said. Three gruff-looking guys stepped forward, following Keegan's orders. They stood in a circle, shaking hands, and exchanging brief lines of greetings. After they finished, the men made their way over to Laswell, and talked with her for a short while, before ultimately leaving the tarmac. I will admit, I zoned out as Laswell went down the line of lieutenants, but when she reached Simon, I woke up from my trance as he was right next to me.

   His low, and gruff voice echoed throughout the tarmac, causing the other female soldiers to perk up a bit. He, too collected his soldiers rather quickly, and left. Now it was my turn, I took a few steps forward before speaking, my hands folded behind my back. "Good morning, my name is Belladonna Freeman. I am the lieutenant for team Bravo 2-6. I'm excited to work with you." I said, keeping a saccharine smile plastered onto my face.

   As I scanned the group of soldiers, I accidentally locked eyes with him. He seemed bigger on the tarmac, if that was even possible. Clearing my throat, I broke the eye contact before looking down at my paper once again. "Horangi, Roze, Hutch. Please step forward." I said, dropping my arms down, and placing them behind my back. As the soldiers got their things, I could feel someone staring at me. Their eyes were burning into my skull, and it was almost as if they had laser vision. Hell, their stare felt even more uncomfortable, and demading than Simon's, and that said something.

   After what felt like eternity, the soldiers hobbled over to me, each one extending their hand for a handshake. I shook each one firmly, and instructed them to start heading to the elevator. I turned on my heels to speak with Laswell who was only a few feet away. "Any complaints?" She asked, her head was cocked to the side in a questionable manner as she looked down at me. "No ma'am." I replied. I excused myself, before turning around and walking away. As I did so, I glanced over at the soldiers that hadn't been picked yet just as Laswell called the last lieutenant. "Stephen." Laswell called. A tall brunette strutted forward, before repeating the same process that all the lieutenants before her did.

   I continued walking, not even bothering to turn around again, my eyes briefly scanning the remaining soldiers again, and as I did, I caught his gaze again. This time I held it, and we stared down one another until ultimately his name was called, and he looked away. As Laswell said his name, I felt myself struggling to pronounce it. 'König.... was that his name? It sounds foreign.' I thought to myself.

Whoever he is, he's definitely got a staring problem . . . .

(916 words, hehehe )
✍(◔◡◔)

// Bro like this fr, 👁👃🏼👁 //