ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 25: ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀɴQᴜᴇᴛ ᴘᴛ. 1

(Heeeeeeyyyy, sorry for the excessive amount of timeskips, I was trying to make it so that it wasn't boring ._.)

* Clearing up some confusion, König's
real name, which I made up, is Nicolas Müller!!! Belle/reader's nickname for him is "Nick" *

TW: Slight NSFW

   The smell of fresh coffee, and some sort of pastry filled the air, waking me up almost instantly. As I yawned, and tussled about in the bed, I realized that König wasn't there. 'Had he left in the middle of the might? or- ' I started to ask myself. However, the sound of a knife flailing around on the ground was enough to debunk those previous thoughts of mine. "Shit!" I heard him silently scream from the kitchen. A tiny chuckle escaped my mouth, and I sighed. I layed there for a few minutes just thinking about our talk last night. 'So he really did feel the same....'

   Smiling to myself, I got up out of bed, and made my way to the bathroom. Unprovoked, I whipped my head in the direction of my bedside clock, and nearly screamed. 'SHITSHITSHIT-' I repeated internally. Rushing into my bathroom, I closed the door, and tore off my nightgown. Turns out I ended up oversleeping, and had forgotten that I was supposed to meet with Laswell today. It was initially supposed to go, and see when I'd arrived back on base, but it was too late then.

   I hurriedly brushed my teeth, and jumped in the shower. Scubbing my body with haste, I made it quick. I shut the water off, and hopped back out, drying my body off with lightening speed. I ended up having to blowdry my hair, because I'd forgotten to put on a shower cap. After feeling that my hair was both stretched out, and dry enough, I oiled it. For a good while I didn't know what to do with it, and so I focused on other things. 'Maybe I could just leave it out?' I thought to myself as I unlocked the bathroom door, and rushed over to my dresser.

   I let my towel fall to the floor, and wasted no time putting on my undergarments. I opened my closet, and searched for something both comfortable, and professional to wear. After scimming over the line of hung up cargo pants, I settled on a pair of army green ones. Unhooking them, I pulled them on. Now I had to had to find a shirt. Sighing, and placing my hands on my hips, I trudged back over to my dresser, and opened a new drawer. I pulled out a black short sleeve shirt, and slipped it on. Looking in the mirror, I realized that my outfit wasn't the issue here, it was my damn hair. It was flying everywhere, and with me pulling that shirt over my head it made it 10x worse. Sighing, I jogged back over to the bathroom. I grabbed the first comb I saw, and attempted a middle part.

   Surprisingly, it actually worked out. I made sure both sides were even, and combed it out. Looking at myself in the mirror, I realized that it wasn't that bad. I sighed, and flicked the light off in the bathroom before exiting. Going back to my dresser, I took a pair of socks from an already open drawer, and grabbed a pair of boots from my closet. I took both items out of my room, and made my way into the hallway. When I rounded the corner, sure enough there he was.

  Entirely focused on flipping the bacon, he didn't even hear me come out of my room. He still had on his pjs, and he had put back on his mask. Clearing my throat, I voiced a 'good morning' to him. His head shot up immediately, and I saw his eyes soften upon seeing me. "Good morning, mein liebe." He cooed, before shifting his attention back to cooking. Smiling at the nickname he called me, I bent down, and pulled my socks on, shoving my feet into my boots, and lacing them shortly after. "Hey, whacha' makin'?" I asked, making my way around, and into the kitchen.

   His head shot up upon hearing my question. "Nothing too grand, just a little something for us." He said. Except...it was anything but "just a little". The entire counter was literally covered with food, and not just any food, good looking food too. Pancakes, bacon and eggs, ham and cheese omelets, you name it, and it was there. As I stood there with my mouth literally agape, I wondered who in the hell was going to eat all of this. Drowned out in my own thoughts, I hadn't noticed that he was watching me out if the corner of his eye. "Breakfast isn't done yet. Do you have somewhere to be?" He asked. Looking down at my own apparel, I guessed he must've seen my clothes. "Yeah, I've gotta meet up with Laswell." I said, tearing my gaze from the delicious smelling bacon. Looking at his sweat drenched back that his t-shirt clung to, I wondered how long he'd been awake to have been able to make all of this.