Music Tastes - Modern Day A.U Oneshot

Zuko sat at his desk, tapping his pen to the rhythm of the beat to the song he was listening too. His page covered in scribbles as he tried to focus on his study within his free class, which he was failing miserably, he hadn't even bothered to take out his Business Studies book out of his bag.

he continued to draw all over the page of his copy, humming to the music, a lot of people where out that day. 

he slightly jumped as he felt tapping on his shoulder, he turned his head to see a unfamiliar boy staring at him with bright gray eyes, a blue Arrow in the center of his forehead, he had untamed brunette hair and piercings all up his ear, his tie was messy and the top of his collar flipped up, his blazer resting around his waist as his sleeves were rolled up midway up his arms, he had band bracelets and cuffs on his wrist up his arms.

"Hey, that This Night Has Opened My Eyes by The Smiths, right?" he asked, Zuko's headphones where around his neck, his own piercings visible, unless your not counting his septum and snake bites. 

"Yeah, it is" he responded, feeling slightly awkward. 

"I love that song, I just love The Smiths in general, what other band's do you listen to?" he smiled. 

Zuko stared at him for a moment while fidgeting with his pen.

"Well uh- I like My Chemical Romance, Skillet, Gorillaz and uhm, Crystal Castles, I like some singers on their own as well" he started, the boy jumped at the chance to show him his bracelets. 

"I listen to all of them! I got this bracelet at the MCR concert, this Skillet one from a friend, uhhhh- oh! I have a Gorillaz hoodie in my bag and I don't have anything from Crystal Castles but I wish I did" he exclaimed excitedly "and these are from a few other from other singers and bands I like, I listen to Melanie Martinez, Pastel Ghost,  Rebzyyx! Too many to name!" he said, the substitute teacher snapping her fingers.

"Please, quite." she groans and Aang chuckled nervously. 

"Sorry miss" he said quietly said, looking down with a sheepish grin. Zuko chuckled, placing his head on his fist.

"Well, I like those singers myself" he responded within a whisper, Aang turned to him with a smile, the two continued to whisper back and forth throughout the whole class till the bell rang.

"You should sit with me at lunch" the Airbender said, Zuko nodded then paused.

"I don't know your name" Zuko said, grabbing his bag as he stood up and began to walk out the door with him. 

"Oh right! My names Aang and you?" he smiles as he walks closer and put his hand out to shake Zuko's.  

"Zuko. Zuko Prince." he took Aang's hand. 

"Ow!" Aang pulled his hand away all of a sudden "Your hand is uh- really hot" He said hesitantly, Zuko nervously looked down. 

"S-sorry, I didn't mean too" He responded, Aang just smiled.

"It's fine, really!" Aang said, Zuko looked at him confused as Aang grabbed his wrist and pulled him outside into the yard of the school to a table with a mixed group of students, usually depending on your nation you stick with a click of people within that nation itself. 

Zuko nervously tried to pull away, Aang still pulling him towards the group, Zuko shouldn't of even talked with Aang, it's pretty shameful to become friends with people within other nations when your from such a high status family. Zuko pulled, Aang paused and looked back. 

"Zuko? Something wrong?" he turned to him, Zuko looked around.

"I uh- I shouldn't be sitting with you with your friends." Zuko responded, pulling his wrist away, Aang looked confused. 

"What? why?" Aang whined, Zuko just began walking away, Aang chasing after them. 

"Was that Aang?" Katara looked at Aang chasing Zuko who was walking off. 

"Looked like it" Sokka responded, continuing to eat his food and sneaking abit of his sisters. 

"Hey, was he with one of the Prince kids?" Suki pointed out.

Sokka choked on his food.

"Did no one tell him to stay away from them?!" Sokka said, Toph slapping his back hard "OW!"

"You were choking, meat-head" she snickered as Sokka groaned, Katara rolling her eyes.

Zuko sat in a room on his own, Aang walking after him, he groaned.

"Why did you run off?" he asked, Zuko ignored him, Aang sat on the desk beside him.

Aang kicked his legs back and forth, patiently waiting for an answer.

"Go away" he said sternly. Aang rolled his eyes. 

"No, just tell me, we were alright earlier" he responded, moving closer. 

"I let my guard down." Aang huffed when Zuko said that. 

"Don't say this is a status thingy" he groaned, Zuko nodded, Aang laughed. 

"What's so funny?" he groaned. 

"The fact you isolate yourself for popularity, oh please, how about this? We'll hang out in secret, so you keep your status and I get to be your friend" he smiled, Zuko looked at him for a moment then smiled. 

"I'd like that" He felt his face heat up, his heart pound.

No one has been this nice to him in a long time.