Modern-day Zukaang Twoshot pt. 1

Aang sighed, sitting on the couch in his apartment, his eyes fixated on the TV which he had to admit he was bored of. He looked out the window of his one-bedroom apartment, it was stormy and dark out, the wind could be heard as the trees bent over with the powerful force.

"Since when was Valentines so gloomy?" Aang muttered under his breath as he stood up to grab a glass of water as all of a sudden, there was knocking on the door, the young man turned to the door, confused, he hadn't invited anyone over, he had sort of needed time on his own since he had just gotten out of a toxic long-term relationship with his ex-boyfriend. Aang nervously walked over to the door, looking through the peephole just to be sure it wasn't anyone he didn't know. Once verifying who it was he opened the door "Zuko? Why are you here?" Aang asked, he gave Zuko a weak smile, it was all he could muster up.

Zuko returned the smile, he had been a lot happier recently but everyone just assumed he had gotten into a relationship and told no one, which, Aang of course though would be odd since Zuko practically tells him everything. Aang moved out of the way for Zuko to come in then he closed the door, forgetting to lock it.

"Just wanted to see you, it's been awhile." He said Aang walking over to sit on the couch with him. Aang sitting with him, Zuko moving closer to him and putting his arm on the back of the chair behind Aang.

"That's nice of you to drop in, I have to admit I've been isolating again, I'm sorry about that" Aang responded, crossing his arms and pulling his legs up onto the chair. Zuko shrugged.

"You had a reason, right?" Zuko asked, Aang paused then nodded "What was it?" he questioned further as Aang crossed his arms and looked down.

"I uhm, I broke up with Ichigo" Zuko's eyes widened a little with shock. He didn't think Aang would break up with him.

"You finally broke up with that asshole? When?" Zuko responded, Aang looked at him and sighed.

"About a month ago." Aang stood up "Do you want tea?" he asked, Zuko stood up.

"Yeah, please" Aang nodded.

"But yeah, I broke up with him, I got fed up of his bullshit" Aang said, pushing the button down on the kettle to boil.

"Took you long enough, you put up with him for what? Two- three years?" he groaned, walking over to the counter where Aang was putting the tea bags into the cups.

"Yeah, it took a toll on me when I realized it wasn't a healthy relationship, I don't even know how or why I let it go on so long" Aang sighed, picking up the kettle as it finished boiling, being alerted by the click. He poured the hot water into the cups, Zuko liked his tea black while Aang liked herbal teas, particularly green or peppermint.

"Still drinking the peppermint, huh?" Zuko smirked, Aang nodded.

"I get the teabags from your uncle, he somehow gets a hold on the best ones, these don't just smell of peppermint, they taste of it" he smiled, sipping the drink.

"Really?" Zuko responded curiously as Aang grinned.

"Here, try it" Aang said handing Zuko his cup, urging him to take a sip, Zuko did and looked surpised,

"that's actually good" Zuko said, taking another sup of the drink which made Aang laugh, Zuko realized and handed the drink back to Aang "Sorry about that" he chuckled.

"It's just tea, I don't mind sharing" he smirked, drinking some of the peppermint tea from the cup "Besides, it's no different from me drinking the wine from your glass when we're out" he laughed, Zuko nodded, laughing himself.

"I suppose not, huh?" he grinned, picking up his own tea and drinking it.

The two continued to chat for awhile catching up on a few things, Aang told Zuko how he wasn't too busy while Zuko was the opposite, overwhelmed with work, he was a business man from what Aang was aware, Zuko wanted to go into illustration but due to his family he was forced into being a company owner, taking over his family's business. Aang listened to Zuko ramble on, he smiled, leaning on the Firebender's shoulder as he they sat on the couch.