Modern day Twoshot pt. 2

Aang looked out the window as Zuko drove him to his house, he was scared for his life and he had a good reason to be, Ichigo was dangerous and now wanted to kill him. Zuko could see Aang was overwhelming himself by over thinking it all.

"It's going to be okay" Zuko said, hesitantly grabbing Aang's hand. The airbender's eyes shifted to his hand, he looked at Zuko confused who kept his eyes on the road.

"Zuko, you know your-"

"I know." Zuko said softly, running his thumb back and forth on Aang's hand, all the younger man could do is smile, he knew Zuko struggled with emotions, he wasn't good with helping other people chare up but somehow, he was always able to cheer Aang up. Aang was thankful that Zuko did this.

"Thank you" Aang responded in a whisper as Zuko pulled into his driveway. He let go of Aang's hand and got out of the car, grabbing the bags from the back and walked over to Aang who stood at the door, nervous. Aang nodded and went into the house.

Aang stayed with Zuko for a few days, he was a nervous wreck when he wasn't home and became somewhat clingy. Zuko sighed, walking into the house as he loosened his tie.

"Hey Aang, I'm home!" he yelled, Aang's head popped out from the kitchen with a smile.

"Zuko!" he responded " I'm making dinner! Oh! Also, I just made tea. Zuko raised his brow confused as he walked into kitchen, Aang still cooking as he sat down, a cup of hot green tea.

"What's this all about?" Zuko asked, sipping the tea.

"Its just- a thank you for helping me and letting me stay with you" he smiled as he served Zuko the food.

Zuko smiled, looking down at the food "This looks great" Zuko stated, Aang smiled sitting at the opposite end with a different dish with similar ingredients, it made sense to Zuko since Aang was a vegetarian while he wasn't. He picked up his chop sticks and began to eat the Spicy Fire noodles with chicken given to him, Aang had made it to his liking, he hadn't had them this good since his mother was around "I don't think you should ever move back into your apartment again, it's similar to the way my mother use to make it" He smiled, Aang looked up at him.

"Really?" he put his own chopsticks down for a moment.

"Yeah, my mother use to make these all the time when I was younger" he took another bite "It's really good" Aang smiled.

"I'm glad" Zuko looked at the airbender in front of him and took a deep breath, then placed his chopsticks down after finishing the last of his food.

"Aang, can I ask you something?" Zuko looked him dead in the eyes, clearing his throat as Aang covered his mouth as he was finishing chewing his food and nodded. Zuko looked down then back at him "I've really liked having you around the house, I uhm- don't want you to leave anymore" Zuko chuckled, Aang titled his head in confusion "W-what I'm trying to say and failing at is- W-will you- uh you know, stay here with me? Oh- a-and be my boyfriend? If you want to of course you don't have to it's up to you, really it is and I don't wanna force you into anythin-"

"Zuko. I'd love to" he smiled, Zuko took a moment then a huge smile as he got up and walked over to Aang hugging him.

"this means so much to me, you don't even know!" Zuko exclaimed, kissing his cheek, Aang laughed, hugging back as he looked at Zuko giving him a peck on the forehead.

"oh! I made dessert" Aang smiled Zuko pulled away.

"sound's good" he responded.

After waiting out a few weeks, Aang decided to go get his stuff from his apartment while Zuko was at work, he knew he would be back before Zuko got home and he didn't think about Ichigo at all, he walked do his apartment's door, putting the key into the slot as his door just pushed, open.

"What the. . ." Aang opened the door walking in and stared in shock, the apartment was destroyed. The couch filliped over, the TV shattered, and his stuff was everywhere, he walked over to the bed room, it was in the same state except gunshots shot through his bed and his clothes everywhere.

He turned around as the door shut behind him. He froze.

"Finally, I've got you, you little bitch" a voice snarled, Aang swung around to see Ichigo standing at the door, holding a pistol in his hand. Aang looked around for something to grab but this was a case of self defence so he got into a fighting stance, circling the air around him as a warning, his phone blowing up "Who the fuck is that? If it's that Firebender again I swear to go-ODDD!" Aang Airbended Ichigo through the door and out of the room and legged it, Ichigo groaned as Aang reached the front door, he aimed his gun and shot at him, hitting him in the side.

Aang screamed, alerting the neighbours, people coming out of their doors, one woman with her phone, calling the police as Aang was bleeding out, one of his friends, Katara who lived in the flats was beside him, using her water-bending to keep the wound from worsening as they waited on an ambulance, she was a nurse after all, two of the older men in the building went in and a fight ensued, mainly them taking the gun from Ichigo so he couldn't cause any more harm but not before a gun shot sounded as the two men started yelling. "Hey, the ambulance will be here any minute now" she reassured him, Aang nodded as she helped him outside, the ambulance pulling up in front of the apartments.

Aang sat in his hospital bed, his friend with him worried out of their mind as screaming and yelling came from down the hallway as nurses seem to be trying to calm the man down as he walked by her slamming the door to Aang's room shut turning to everyone still seeming angry but instantly switched up as he saw Aang, running over and hugging him.

"I was so worried when you didn't answer my call, darling!" he yelled, Aang hugging back.

"Well, I'm fine" he smiled, kissing his cheek, Sokka stared confused,

"S-so like you guys are a thing?" he asked, curiously.

"Nooooo, meathead, Aang kissing Zuko I purely platonic!" Toph said sarcastically, Katara giggling.

"Hey! No one ever tells me these things!" Sokka responded, him and Toph going back and forth at each other while Katara then tried to defuse the situation, Aang smiled, leaning on Zuko's shoulder.

"I love you" he said softly, closing his eyes while Zuko rapped his arm around him.

"I love you too, Aang"