three

12:30pm - Vinewood Mall

"Ouu T! Let's go into Gucci

"Ouu T! Let's go into Gucci." Janet squealed as she grabbed Taraji's hand practically dragging her into the store. Taraji watched her surroundings as Janet browsed the shoe section.

"Taraji, you're off the clock. Stop watching everyone, we're fine." Janet quietly spoke as she nudged her friend.

"You really think cause you're in a Gucci store, people won't crowd it? Look, there's the paps right there to your right." She pointed to an obvious out of place green bush.

"And there are about 20 people in counting to your left taking pics right now." Janet turned to look out the window, the small crowd went wild.

"Listen, I know it's Saturday but when I'm with you, I'm never "off the clock." I will protect you at all times, anywhere because that is my job. So let me do it." Taraji stepped away to block a fan from running up on Janet.

"I understand you're excited to see Miss Jackson but please allow her time to herself to shop. Thank you." The woman said in a sweet but professional time. The fan nodded and stepped away.

After making a few more stops, Janet decided she'd take her friend to her favorite restaurant, "Aunty Rita's Good Eats!" The pair walked through the mall towards the exit. Taraji noticed a crowd of people in the distance.

"Janet?"

"Yes?" She answered softly as she typed a message on her phone.

"Can you run in heels?" Janet chuckled.

"Umm... kind of, why?"

"OMG, IT'S JANET JACKSON!!!"

"That's why, run!" Taraji grabbed the woman's hand and took off running towards the doors before the crowd could swallow them. By the grace of Louboutin, they made it out safely to the SUV.

"See? I told you I'm never off the clock." Taraji stated with a smile as she tried to catch her breath.

"I'm sorry..." Janet whispered sadly as she sat back against the seat.

"What are you sorry for?"

"You're not able to enjoy a regular day with me without having to protect me." Taraji laughed.

"Is that not my job? I knew what it was when I was told I'd be working for you. It doesn't bother me at all nor is it your fault. You can't help that the world loves you. Don't ever be sorry for being someone people love and look up to." She turned the womans head towards her.

"Because I'll never be sorry for protecting you at all times. On or off the clock."

The two looked at one another's lips then to their eyes and back down. The tension was too thick to cut with a knife. In this moment, nothing else mattered, it was them against the world. Feelings were present but yet so far away. It was too early to confess anything, what if it was just puppy love? What if it was just lust? What if Janet was just curious? Taraji didn't want to be an experiment, she'd already been through that heart break before. Instead of acting on her feelings, she turned away to start the car.