six

After their showers, Janet grabbed some snacks, and they sat on the floor playing a favorite card game. One Janet played with her brothers growing up.

"Ugh! How are you so good at this game?!" Taraji raised her voice.

"Because I have brothers, they taught me the game." Janet chuckled as she slapped another card down.

"I win again!" Taraji threw her hands up.

"Wow."

"Awee is the wittle baby upset???" Janet teased. Taraji rolled her eyes as she folded her arms. Janet giggled as she crawled over to her. She began tickling the woman to make her laugh.

"Ja-Janet, stop it !! I hate being tickled." Taraji yelled through her laughter. Janet kept going. This time, she had the woman pinned to the floor.

"Say mercy!" Taraji refused, so Janet kept going.

"Tap out T, tap out!" Janet cackled.

"FINE, MERCY!" She yelled as she slapped the red fuzzy area rug. The two women shared a laugh as Janet sat on top of Taraji. The laughter died down as  Taraji watched Janet. A million questions ran through her head, but only only one found its way out of the nest.

"Janet, have you ever been in love with someone? Like for a long time but too scared to tell them?" The woman asked quietly. Janet released a soft hum as she guided her eyes to the woman below her.

"Yes, for two years now." She confessed softly, moving a piece or stray hair behind Taraji's ear. There was a comfortable silence. It was almost as if the two knew that they were speaking of one another. Neither dared to go further for fear it would ruin the friendship.

"Janet, I-" Janet cleared her throat and ignored Taraji's next words.

"Let's get to bed, yeah? I've got to take Eissa shopping and drop him off with his father." Janet rolled her eyes near the end of her sentence. She stood up and offered a hand to her bodyguard.

"Alright, where is your guest room?" Janet stopped halfway up the stairs, causing the other woman to bump into her.

"Why?"

"I- what do you mean why? So I can go to sleep." She laughed, but Janet wasn't.

"You can sleep with me." Janet continued up the steps, leaving Taraji behind.

"With all do respect Janet, I am -"

"Going to walk up those stairs, wrap your hair, wash your face, brush your teeth, and get into MY bed. Yes?" Janet moreso demanded rather than ask.

"Fine, Ms. Bossy." Janet glanced at the other woman.

"It's Ms. Jackson, if you're nasty." She smirked with a wink.

"There no way I'm going to survive being in the same bed with this woman." Taraji mumbled to herself.

-Whoaa, it's so nice to see the views go up as soon as I republished this story. I'm so glad yall are liking it! I love yall! 🩷🩷