five

hey yall! I am sorry for the delay, I got my wisdom teeth removed then I ended up getting a new job. So I've been quite busy lately, but I'm here now with another chapter. I hope yall enjoy it 🤍🤍

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Janet made it home around 7pm after a fun outing with her crew. She felt a little bit better than earlier but was ready to wind down. She started her typical routine, sitting out her night clothes, doing her hygiene and showering. Upon exiting the shower, her phone began to ring.

"Hello?" Her soft voice filled the other person's ears. She heard faint sniffles and whimpers.

"Taraji, you okay honey?" She asked. This only made Taraji cry harder.

"I- I- just- I'm... I'm sorry Janet." Janet frowned.

"Sorry? Sorry for what? What happened?" Janet sat down on her bed in her silk red robe. Taraji managed to gather herself to speak.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have called. I know you're tired-"

"No, no I'm not tired. What's going on? Do I need to come over or do you want to come here?" The woman was silent.

"T, I'm not just your boss and you're not just my bodyguard. I care about everyone that's in my life, especially the people that protect it. Now, tell me what's going on."

"Can I come over?" Janet smiled.

"Yes Aaliyah, you can." Taraji chuckled a bit.

"Be there in ten."
-----

Janet quickly slipped into her silk gown and put her matching robe back on

Janet quickly slipped into her silk gown and put her matching robe back on. She sprayed some perfume on, lotioned up and slipped on her black furry slippers. She made her way to the kitchen to make some hot camomile tea and warmed up two honey buns. By the time she was done, Taraji was at her door.

"Hi..." Taraji said through sniffles. Her eyes were puffy, her voice cracked, and her hands were shaking.

"Come in babe." Janet said softly. She led the woman to the couch and sat her down before going to get the tea and honey buns.

"Here, drink this." Janet handed her the hot tea.

"Thank you Jan." Taraji whispered as she took a sip then sat the cup down. Not wanting to force the elephant in the room, Janet started off light.

"I missed you today, it felt weird not having you around. I was way off, everyone noticed it but me." She laughed softly. Taraji smiled faintly as she fiddled with her fingers.

"I wish I had just came in instead. Today was horrible." She finally confessed. Janet placed her body closer to Taraji and held her.

"Wanna talk about it?" She asked softly as she ran her fingers through the woman's hair.

Taraji began telling Janet about the situation that had occured earlier. Taraji was at the end of her whimpering as she laid on Janet's chest, listening to her heart beat. Janet was slowly running her fingers through the womans hair to comfort her. After some time, Taraji spoke softly.

"Thank you, I appreciate you for this." She looked at the time on her phone. It was 10:30pm, she didn't feel like going home. Home meant that she had to be alone with her thoughts and that was not the best thing in this moment. She pondered on if she should ask Janet if she could stay over again.

"Would it be okay if I-"

"Yes, you don't have to ask." Janet said as she continued running her hands through the womans hair.

"You can shower, I'll give you some of my clothes to wear."