seven

Birds chirped, the sun shined, the weather was warm, and the morning was peaceful. The two women were fast asleep, one with her arm draped over the others' waist with a firm grip. One woman slowly began to stir in her position, and her eyes fluttered open. She took in her surroundings as she slowly realized she wasn't in her own humble abode. She exhaled softly, closing her eyes and opening them again. Her eyes focused on the woman that lay in front of her.

"What a beauty." She thought to herself as she carefully committed to memory the way the woman's eyes slightly twitched, the way her hair was disheveled, the way her chest slowly rose up and lowered. It was the soft, gentle snore that she recorded in her brain. The woman slept peacefully as if she hadn't had a good night's rest in a long time.

"You're so beautiful, Janet..." Taraji mumbled to herself.

"Mmm..." The woman hummed, face forming into small smile a bit as she tightened her grip on the waist of the other woman.

"Let's try getting up again." She whispered to herself. Another fail.

"No baby, stay." Janet whispered in her slumber. Taraji froze upon hearing those words. Surely, she was dreaming. There was no way she was referring to Taraji... right?

"Where are you going?" Janet mumbled.

"I have to pee."

"Mmm, hurry and come back, please." She mumbled sweetly as her head switched sides to face the wall of her room.

Taraji quietly arose from the bed and walked into the bathroom. She did her business and then went to wash her hands. She looked at herself in the mirror, and she looked happy. All of the drama with her sister was gone from her brain in this moment. She decided to brush her teeth with the extra tooth brush Janet gave her as well as wash her face. Drying her hands with a paper towel, she went to open the door. There, Janet stood with a cute childlike pout on her face.

"You're taking too long, T." She whined, making the other woman giggle.

"I'm sorry, I washed my face and brushed my teeth." Janet huffed as she grabbed the arm of the other lady, practically dragging her back to the bed. Once comfortable, Janet placed her head on Taraji's chest and held her waist firmly.

"How do you know I want you on me?" She whispered, Janet smirked half asleep.

"You seemed to have liked it last night when I made you tap out." She mumbled into the womans chest.

"Let's not bring up the past now." She chuckled as she ran her fingers through the woman's short haircut.

"Mmm, that feels good." Janet moaned, music to T's ears.

The pair remained in their position until Janet's phone rang. It was her ex-husband.

"Ugh, what Wissam?" She sighed as she pulled her body away from Taraji.

"It's 7am. You don't get him until 12." She huffed as she stood up to walk out of the room. Taraji told herself not to be nosey, but she just couldn't help it. She tip-toed to the door and listened in. Fortunately for her, Janet had the man on speaker.

"You do what I say, bring me my son now!" He yelled.

"Look, don't start with me! I will bring Eissa to you at 12 pm like the JUDGE told me to do. If you don't like it, go cry to him about it!"