four

2 weeks later...

"Alright you guys, let's run through If one more time then I'll let you go home

"Alright you guys, let's run through If one more time then I'll let you go home." Janet gave instructions softly. The crew could sense that Janet wasn't her normal self today. She had been missing steps, forgetting lyrics, and not talking as much.

"Hey Jan, how about we call it a day? You seem distracted and tired, wanna go get some ice cream?" One of the dancers suggested, the others agreed. Janet sighed as she stared at herself in the dance mirrors. She knew they were right and couldn't deny a good bowl of ice cream. She stopped the music, gathered her things and headed out with three of her female dancers.

"Goodmorning Miss Jackson, how're you?" Joey greeted sweetly as always.

"Honestly, I'm off today. I don't know why Joey." Joey nodded with a small smile.

"I'm pretty sure I know why. Where would you all like to go?" He asked as he closed the door and locked in his seat belt.

"To Cold Stone." Shawn said.

A good ten minute drive and the crew was at their destination safely. By now, Janet had a small migraine forming. Joey came around to let her out of the truck and shield her from the small crowd that had formed.

"How the hell do they know where I'm going to be at all the time?" Janet whispered as the crew stepped in the ice cream shop. It was clear she was a bit irritated, not by the crowd but because she was just... off today and her head was hurting.

"Ms. Jackson! I'm such a big fan of you, you're so pretty! Congrats on having little Eissa as well, I just know he's the cutest!" The cashier spoke excitedly with a gentle smile. This made Janet feel just a tad bit better.

"Thank you sweetheart, he is adorable. I appreciate your kind words." Janet spoke softly.

"Whatever you & your crew want is on the house." She gifted. Janet shook her head as her eyebrows scrunched.

"Oh no baby, I don't mind paying." The cashier declined.

"No, no it's okay! It's not everyday we get to see a huge mega star come through here. I also could use a break from the rude customers." She said as she rolled her eyes. Janet sighed as she put her wallet away.

"Are you sure? I don't want you getting in any trouble honey." The young girl smiled as she reassured the icon.

"Haha, I'm the manager and my parents own the business. I'm not going anywhere unless I want to! Plus, if they found out I made THEE Janet Jackson pay for her ice cream, they'd have my head." She laughed. Janet chuckled as she surrendered and looked over the menu.

After choosing their ice cream flavors, the three workers made the orders and delivered them to the small table Janet and her crew waited in. As they stood to leave, Janet reached in her wallet and took out two hundred dollar bills. She walked up to the young girl and asked for napkins. While she was distracted, Janet quickly slipped the money into their tip jar along with a note. Her and the crew quickly headed out before the girl noticed.