Christmas Tree Farm - James

James' POV:

I lay on my bed with Regulus in my arms. For some reason I felt the need to break the silence. "My winter is taken up by homework, stress, and hallway traffic. But I close my eyes, and I'm somewhere else just like magic." He laughed out loud at my use of a Muggle expression. "In my heart is a big Christmas party with all the people I love. You and I will dance under sparkling lights. And you bundle up in mittens and a big coat and drink hot cocoa out on the grounds with me. I just wanna be there tonight, so I'm dreaming of holly and ribbon and all of our mistakes are forgiven. I just wanna be with you under the mistletoe, watching the fire glow, and saying, 'I love you.'" Regulus kissed my cheek and grinned. "Just having you in my arms takes me back to Hogwarts where all my wishes came true."

"Hogwarts lives in my heart, too. The floating candles light up the Great Hall. We ran inside from the cold grounds and the first-year kids were dreaming about sleighs. We are warm and safe, waking up to see a blanket of snow. And I'm so glad I'm here with you under the covers watching the sun come up. I wanna say, 'I love you.' Just being in your arms takes me back to the good old days when all my wishes came true. When I'm feeling alone you remind me of home. Hogwarts, I mean." He quickly added the last part when I cocked my eyebrow.

"When the world is unfair, we can pretend we're still there. Under the night sky watching your star shine so bright. Reggie, I love you. So merry Christmas, darling."

"Merry Christmas, I love you."