Ch VII: Part 1: Brewing Storms

That day came when it was time, time to raid the planet and destroy it. Zura tried to think that what they were doing was right. They were building up their empire, their republic, and expanding. However, was it that they could not make peace with such beings? Damn, she felt sorry for these poor primitives. Too bad they will be gone. As her and the other Xylowraiths stood on one of the planets moons. They snarled, hissed, and growled as they glared at the planet with glowing sinister eyes. They soon got the order from their masters to attack, and they all flew down towards the planet at intense speed.

The Xulkrilytes themselves got shot down in pods from their ships. They landed along with the Xylowraiths and raided the natives villages and cities wreaking serious havoc. The natives, resembling praying mantises, were running and fleeing in terror from the invaders. They had no weapons to fight back, they had no big intelligence, and the Xulkrilytes saw them as pathetic vermin that had to be exterminated. So they slaughtered them mercilessly. Zura was taking out a whole nest and watched the eggs pop from the intense heat. She soon saw the parents in agony and in pain, wailing and crying.

She looked at them with a look of pity and sorrow. She then killed them to end their pain. This was not war. This was a massacre. These bug-like primitves didn't even put up a fight. They fled in fear. After the carnage took place, the aftermath was a terrible sight. Lands and fields burned, buildings flattened into rubble. Zura was looking at the desolated landscape, and of course, no matter how many times she had done this, it still made her feel awful. She felt like she was a weapon more than a sentient being of herself. Was it that they could go to a planet without destorying it so difficult?

She looked down sadly, and then someone approached her from the side. Zura then saw a dark shadow looming over her. She looked to see who it was, and to her surprise, it was Galvik looking down at her with a stern expression. Zura stood up straight and said, "G-Galvik, sir?" She was a bit excited but a bit nervous. He was bigger than her, and he was intimidating. A moment of some eerie silence between them, until Galvik spoke. His voice is deep and gruff. (He sounds a lot like Sylvester Stallone.)

Galvik: "With me."

He then walks by, and Zura assumes he wants her to follow him. She did as they headed up towards a hill where there was a tone of dead mantis bodies. Zura watched her step as she didn't want to get any of the gooey blood on her. She soon joined a group of Xylowraiths, both male and female, in all different sizes, desgins, and colors. Zura joined them and looked up as she saw Galvik make his way up there at the top of the hill. The other Xylowraiths moved aside to let him pass. Galvik made it to the top but didn't speak as he looked down at the other Xylowraiths with a stern stare.

Then, from behind the Hill, another Xylowraith, a female joined him and was slightly smaller than him but was indeed bigger than Zura. She was jet black and also had glowing blood red markings. Her symbol on her forehead was an upside-down crescent with a hollow round interior with a small diamond in the middle. She walked up to the top, smiling a small, devious smile that Zura kind of didn't like. She stopped, looked at the other Xylowraiths, and then spoke in a tone that sounded quite seductive. This made Zura not like her even more.

Zura knew who she was, and she heard about this Xylowraith. Her name was Xiva, an Assassin Xylowraith, and was close to becoming a Dreadnought. "Tell me. Do you love killing my Brothers and Sisters?" Xiva asked out of the blue. The Xylowraiths looked at each other and then replied.

"Yes!"

"Definitely!"

"Death to all that stand against us!"

Xiva: "Good. Then, have I got something for you. ~"

She walks along the top of the hill and says, "We got a neiboring planet near this one, and the inhabitants are planning on aiding this planet and its natives to stop us. Too bad they are too late. It would be a shame if we left them with a dead world. Wouldn't it?"
Then Galvik spoke, in his deep gruff voice that sounded very unsettling. "We will ambush them! Have them join Mantikri's fate!" (The name of the Mantis people they just attacked)