CH VIII: Part 1: Peaceful Hour

It was late at night, and the streets were quiet. Nixx had been outside on the streets in Pentagram city for a while. He then ran into Alastor, who just so happened to be going the same way he was. "My good sir Nixx! How have you've been?" Alastor said with a respectful bow. Nixx looks over at Alastor and smiles a bit, and says, "Been, alright, I suppose." Alastor finally asks, "May I ask? What are you doing wondering the city streets alone at this time of night?" Nixx did not respond immediately. He looked away and looked around for a bit and seemed to have a slightly sad look on his face.

Alastor: "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I understand if you would rather keep it to yourself."

Nixx: "No, it's fine. I am just... taking a stroll and thinking about... things."

Alastors usual smile did not fade, but he did tilt his head to the side a bit. "Oh? I see. Something, troubling you?" Nixx sighs and says, "Not really. I have been quite tired lately and have been just wanting time away from IMP. Not Loona, though." Alastor did not respond. He was looking at Nixx with his curious and rather weird grimming glare. Nixx was not intimidated by Alastor. Sure, he was one of the Demon Lords of Hell, but he knew what Nixx was capable of. In fact, Alastor saw Nixx as an equal. Someone who didn't kill out of enjoyment, but someone as powerful as him.

Alastor broke the strange silence with this: "Is that rascal Artimis still haunting you?" Nixx looked over at Alastor with an unamused look. "Just a minor guess." Alastor shrugged. Nixx sighs and looks down and replies, "Well.... yes. Sadly, you're right. After I fought that son of bitch and finally defeated him. I was thinking. It was because of Jay. If Jay had not shown up. Who knows what would've happen?" Alastor seemed to understand, and actually goes up beside Nixx and twirls his cane and says, "I can see where you are coming from. After dealing with that diabolical imbecile. He has made an impact on you, hasn't he? I know how that feels. You feel like you're unstoppable, invincible, and no one can defeat you."

A slight pause, then he says, "Until someone comes along and tries to steal your spotlight! And tries to make you look pathetic and weak!" For a brief moment, Nixx saw Alastors smile disappear, and he looked pissed. But then he smiles again, a moment of some strange silence. Then he continues, "But, you managed to stay strong and defeat him. And yes, if Jay had not come along, who knows if that slimey bastard would have won." Nixx stares for a moment, then he cracks a smile and says, "That is why I think of him as a good friend. Sure, he is human, but he is one fleshy primitive that I find more intelligent than the rest of them."

Alastor had not his usual big grinning smile he always had. This one was a somber smile, a toothy one, but still a soft somber smile. If Alastor could show he had at least a heart, then it would be now. "Ah, Humans. Pathetic, stupid, predictable, sinful, shameful, and yet amazing Humans. They come on all shapes and sizes. Oh, right! I was one! Not any more." Nixx looked up at the view of the night sky through a portal. He was looking up cause he was dwelling on some thoughts again. Brooding about what had happened months ago.

Artimis was still haunting him, and he was trying to forget about him, but something was still eating away at him. Like making him sick, like some sort of virus. Alastor was trying to figure out what Nixx was looking so glum about. He had to ask, "Nixx? Is there something else you want to talk about?" Nixx lowers his head and then turns towards Alastor and says sternly, "Sorry Al. I need to head back. Got work to do tomorrow." He soon takes off before Alastor could say anything else and leaves him there staring up at him.

Alastor: "Very well,.... good talk."

He shrugs and walks back to the hotel.

(Nixx's POV)

I was flying back towards the apartments, and then I noticed the portal from above closing. It closed, and the dark red sky of Hell was all that was left. Being down here was depressing, and I missed the stars and space. I liked taking Loona and the others to the Moon, and we had a great time. That felt like it was just yesterday. Valentines Day was coming soon, I had to think of something to do for Loona. I don't know why I bothered with such stupid Earth holidays, but I was taught to respect holidays even if it was on an alien world such as this.