FOURTEEN

Brietta's POV

It's been a week since the gala, and all the events that happened that night. The only person to try and reach me has been Salvatore. Apparently he tried to go to my apartment to speak with me, and now he's freaking out. He seems concerned but for what I'm about to have to deal with revolving around Ashton, I don't think I want to mess up my head any further by trying to manage relationships with more family members who may or may not want me dead or to torture me on their own.

Salvatore did send me a warning that the French Mafia were trying to find me, but considering he couldn't he didn't think they would be able too.

Although Salvatore never said how the other in the Rinaldi family viewed me now. I'd like to know personally, so I know where I stand.

I mean they seemed to love me as I was winning their case, and someone they could show off. Now that I'm a murderer just like them, I don't see them liking me as much. Maybe it's the fact I killed a family member, or the fact it was someone they knew and wanted to see again.
Either way it doesn't matter.

🌹

I've been in this hotel all week, only going out to get food or to take a short walk. I've covered my tracks, and have been extremely careful.

It's about noon when I get a call from Agatha, as I'm sitting in my room. I immediately start to worry about her well-being and surprisingly even Farrah's.

"The Russians are here. Farrah tells me you handled them well the other day. They seem to be looking for you, they come everyday at different times. Today one of them asked Farrah about you."
Agatha says quietly

"Is one of them tall, dark hair, and has piercing blue eyes?" I question

"No. He isn't here today. He's blonde, he introduced himself as Dmitri." Agatha says quietly through the phone

"Alright. Pretend to be taking him an order, a menu, or a book.. and hand him the phone secretly."
I tell her

"Are you sure?" She questions

"Yes." I reply seeming to somehow trust the Russians a level above my own family members

So a level three.

I hear hushed movements then I hear Dmitri ask "What is this?"

"The one you've asked for." Agatha says in a hushed tone using weird wordage like a code, she's good.

I hear footsteps, and other noises.

"Hello." Dmitri says through the phone

"Play calm and for the love of god please don't say my name." I tell him

"No problem" Dmitri replies in code

"Have you been looking for me?" I ask

"Yes, bosses orders." He answers

"Why?" I question

"Interest." He answers simply

"I'm out of the city in hiding." I tell him

"Why?" He questions