chapter 14

sobaniiruyo, fourteen.

❛  stop looking at me ❜

"I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead I'm—"

Y/N's stressed chanting was cut short abruptly when she stumbled into yet another figure in the hallways, causing her to brush the tip of her nose because of the painful impact.

"I'm sorry!" She breathed out in a hurry, not bothering to catch a glimpse of the person as she rushed past the sparsely busy surroundings.

Nilou wanted her in the theatre club's room at 12.30 PM sharp.

And Y/N was thirty minutes late.

Beads of sweat rolled down her forehead despite the freezing weather. The items under her grip imprinted their edges onto her palm, indicating how tightly she'd been holding them. A relieved puff of air stumbled out of her lips when she noticed the club's door which was left slightly ajar.

Before entering, she sought the wall's support to catch her breath, fixing the unkempt wisps crowning her head with her free hand.

She pushed open the door, and was greeted with a crowd of familiar faces huddled together in groups. Among them, a redhead popped up, her eyes reducing to slits upon noticing Y/N's presence.

"Finally!" Nilou exclaimed with artificial enthusiasm, "I thought you ditched me."

Y/N shot her a grin. "I love you too much to do that."

"There she goes again..." Albedo shook his head to himself, amused by her antics.

"The banner over there is all yours to paint. Get to work, Y/N!"

Two heads shot up at the mention of her name.

One was Y/N's, naturally, for she had been the one who was called. Another was a certain mop of grey, a flicker of recognition dancing across his irises.

Just for a second, their gazes locked— and something akin to cupid's arrow pierced through their chests.

Y/N could recognise that black shirt anywhere.

"I... I forgot something, Nilou. Just give me a minute."

She did not wait to hear her response, and spun on her heels to walk out as naturally as possible. The moment she escaped everyone's field of vision, her hand clamped over her mouth in disbelief, her heartbeats quickening to a pace she couldn't control.