chapter 26

sobaniiruyo, twenty six.

❛  you'll always be my sextie, contracts be damned! ❜

"Get your shit together."

Y/N stared at herself in the mirror, her eyes red and puffy due to the lack of sleep. She didn't look her best, even though she had put a considerable amount of time into picking her outfit for the day— she wasn't sure if she wanted to face Al-haitham like this.

Should I just cancel?

The little pep-talk she had given herself didn't really help. She exhaled, running her fingers through her hair.

"Why am I worrying over that man? It's not like he cares enough to notice any changes in my appearance anyway!" Her attention shifted to her reflection again, as if she was in an actual conversation with a person. "That's right. It's just Al-haitham. I've met him before."

"...Are you done?"

Y/N straightened her back, taken aback by her roommate's intervention.

"Nilou! This is going to kill me!"

The redhead gave her a once-over. "You don't look bad. Just... tired. Al-haitham doesn't seem like the kind of man who'd drop his crush over someth—"

"Woah, easy there. Let's not get ahead of ourselves." She said with an exhausted yawn, trying to tackle the fatigue in her body.

"Do you still think it's not a possibility? I expected better from you, Y/N." Nilou tsked. "He took you on a museum date, he got you that cute bouquet, he wrote a whole script for me just because you asked him to, he asked me where you were when you stopped showing up to the theatre club.... what more signs do you need?"

Her words were met with silence. She darted her gaze to catch a glimpse of Y/N, who had passed out while standing. Her chest rose and fell rhythmically, her shoulder resting against the bathroom door.

"What the hell?" Nilou threw a ball of crumpled paper at the girl with full force. "Wake up! You're going to be late!"

Y/N was jolted awake at the impact. She blinked a couple of times, trying to adjust to her surroundings. Bringing her wrist closer, she squinted at her watch.

"Oh... yes. I have to go. It's 4.15."

"You're so out of it right now... please don't make a fool of yourself."

"You're in for a big surprise once you see the texts I send him on a daily basis."

"Then please don't make an even bigger fool of yourself."