chapter 36

sobaniiruyo, thirty six.

❛  all these innate literature skills and you still don't know how to sext ❜

"Good morning."

"Mhm."

"I said good morning."

"Mhm."

"So that means it's morning. I need to get up."

"Mhm."

"Let me go. Now."

"Mhm."

Y/N stared at the heavy arm draping over her chest with exasperation. This man did not care about her academics. This man did not care whether she lived or died. This man was going to take her down with him. Never once did she suspect that he would turn out to be the clingy one when she was quite literally breathing down his neck every day.

"I'm going to bite you."

And she meant every word.

"Mhm."

She could hear the thread of her patience snapping in half. In a lousy attempt to execute her threat, she grabbed his arm, sinking her teeth into the exposed skin with sheer force. Of course, it wasn't ruthless enough to draw blood, but it wasn't not painful by any means.

Al-haitham did not budge.

After what felt like a century, he finally raised his head to take a peek at the annoyed girl next to her, the strands of his hair falling over his forehead. He was drowned in a layer of golden — like Midas himself had touched his body, but it really was just the sun's kiss. The rays made the colour of his eyes lighter, almost as if they were painted in a thin, watery shade of yellow.

Y/N breathed. She had forgotten how to, for a moment.

Shirtless Al-haitham... in front of me... perfectly drawable... I must have saved the universe in my last life to be blessed with such a sight...

"Are you done?"

She closed her gaping mouth.

"Not yet."

His hands curled around her waist; a blatant refusal of her demand. Let her go? No, no. That would be too easy. Piss her off a little longer? Perfect.

A small smile found his lips when he noticed her nose wrinkling.

"Seriously. Cyno will be here in, what, ten minutes? Yeah. Unhand me."