chapter 33

sobaniiruyo, thirty three.

❛  i love suffering with a nice soundtrack ❜

Cyno was an ace in disguise, for he had all the knowledge he needed about the couple he was trying to set up

He had successfully infiltrated Y/N's group, while being one of the closest friends of Al-haitham — and that made him an official member of both parties.

While playing for team Y/N, he advised her to ignore Al-haitham for as long as she possibly could. While playing for team Al-haitham, he advised him to text her first because that's how you get the girl, you cold-hearted piece of shit.

He was trying to create a balance, and it was working mighty fine.

Now, after all the hard work he had done, he was lounging on his bed with a giant, victorious smile. His roommate was staring at the screen of his phone, oh-so-impatiently awaiting a response from his very obvious crush. It was so nice to see that stoic man being all fidgety and anxious. Satisfying, even.

The uninterested nerd falling victim to the charms of a girl and wanting her so bad that he started talking about his feelings? Gave up on his pride? Started writing her love letters? Bought her a bouquet of plushies?

Absolutely award-worthy development.

The comfortable silence was broken moments later by a deep voice, and every positive thought Cyno had about his friend evaporated in an instant.

"Hey. Do you think it's weird that I asked her to accompany me to the Cultural Festival?"

He let the stupid question levitate in the air while he tried to gather his composure, almost popping a vein in the process.

Let his idiocy marinate. Maybe my irritation will disappear by then.

"No? Not at all."

"I don't know..." Al-haitham trailed off, mildly frustrated. "What if she thinks it's a date?"

A scoff resonated in the room. "Is it not?"

"It is, but she doesn't need to know that yet."

Cyno was in no way a weak fighter, and he was seconds away from committing an unforgivable act of violence that could get him jailed. He couldn't believe he was talking to an author who was an expert in writing romance books.

"Well. I hope she rejects you then."

Al-haitham tamped down the urge to roll his eyes. "Don't bother me."