chapter 35

sobaniiruyo, thirty five.

❛  you are very bullyable ❜

The pointer danced around Cancel

"Hey. Don't you dare."

The pointer danced around Send.

"Okay good. Now click that."

The pointer went back to Cancel.

"Nilou, we both know this isn't my best work and—"

"You say that about all of your works." The redhead hissed with frustration, stealing the dying laptop from Y/N's grasp. "If you won't do it, I will."

She breathed in, then breathed out. In. Out. The room felt too suffocating, or perhaps she had grown claustrophobic overnight. She was about to make a life-altering decision and she wasn't quite sure what she wanted her last words to be. She needed a lucky charm, badly.

Her fingers subconsciously dialled the contact she had memorised by heart, all the while gesturing for Nilou to place her laptop down so as to avoid its early demise. The girl, albeit warily, complied to her silent demand, and stared at her with raging curiosity. She didn't have to see the name to know who the call was intended for.

"Hello?" A familiar deep voice filled the air, making Nilou smile knowingly. It was nice to see her roommate finally date someone who cherished every tiny aspect of her. She took it as a sign to tiptoe out of the dorm and leave them to their devices, realising that their conversation might require privacy.

"Al-haitham. Say something nice."

"...What?"

"Quick."

Y/N's eyes were glued to the screen in front of her— big, professional words, and her favourite art piece attached to an e-mail that would very well shape her life from here onward. She released a shaky sigh, the sound solely occupying the long silence on the phone.

"I don't understand."

"Do you have nothing nice to say, sextie?"

"I thought we had mutually agreed to never use that horrible term again."

"Mr. Bigboobs."

"Y/N."

She clicked her tongue. "Boring man."

"What's going on?" Al-haitham asked, and behind him, Cyno mumbled something along the words of 'This desperate boy was actually waiting for you to call him' which obviously didn't escape the intended recipient's ears. "Ignore that."