THREE

♧♧♧

♧♧

Dimitri smiled.

"Fine, go to my car. I'll drive you both to your apartment".

Sébastián just rolled his eyes.

Not wanting to see the ridiculous faces of the Hamilton's, Dimitri held Reina with the help of Cata and they made their way into his car.

A few minutes into the drive, Reina had her head on Cata's lap.

"Cata, am I not beautiful?". These words shocked not only Cata but Dimitri who was driving.

"Val, don't ever think that. You're one of the most beautiful people I've ever met. In and out". Cata assured.

"So then why did Michael leave me for a model if I'm one of the most beautiful people you've ever met". Reina said in a small voice.

"Val, with people like Michael, we never know what they're thinking. They hit us when we least expect it". Cata run her hand through her dark hair as she tried to assure Reina of her words.

"I've done so much for him. I rejected the acceptance letter from HeartWood because he didn't get in. I even wore contacts because he said my eye colour was boring".

Dimitri's jaw clenched as he listened to whatever his little sister said. That bastard, he was going to pay for whatever he'd done to his little sister.

"We're here". Dimitri said before getting out and opening the door for Cata and Reina.

"Cata, if you need my help with anything just call me". Dimitri said once they got to the doorstep of Cata's apartment.

"Don't worry, I will". Dimitri placed a kiss on Reina forehead before he ushered them to enter the apartment.

Once Dimitri left, Reina made her way into the guestroom. One that Reina had prepared for her in case of an emergency. And the situation right now, deemed appropriate.

She shrugged out of the dress she was wearing. She took her feet out of the Jimmy Choo's she wore. Though her feet was killing her, it was nothing compared to the pain in her chest.

Wiping off her makeup with her hair now left free, she put on a tank top and pyjama pants. Then Cata barged into the room.

"Hey, Val, do you want to talk about what happened?".

Reina closed her eyes and groaned. "Cata, please no. Just leave me alone.  Leave please. I'm in no mood to talk".

"But Val". Cata started and Reina gave her a look. "Please, Cata".

"Fine. But tomorrow, we're talking, okay?". Reina gave a small nod and with that, Cata made her way out of the room.

Once Cata left, Reina took a hold of the wine in the fridge and poured it in a glass. She gulped down the whole content of the glass going for another one.

About an hour later, the wine bottle was empty and she lay sprawled on the bed.

Cata barged again in the room as she had heard wails from her friend. Then it suddenly stopped. She had thought of the worst. She sighed in relief when she saw Reina sprawled on the bed.

Her eyes got into contact with the empty wine bottle and glass. She made her way to the bed. She tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear. Her thumb rubbed her cheek as she whispered," Val, I'm really sorry for not opposing your idea. I'm really sorry but I had to do it".

Then she left again.

♧♧♧

Reina woke up the next morning only to have a pounding headache. She groaned as she got out from the bed. With her standing idle, earlier's events resurfaced which put her in a bad mood.

She headed to the bathroom to do her business. When she was at the sink, she washed her face but not before taking off her contacts.

He had told her, her eyes were a boring colour.

She brushed her teeth and plopped down in the bathtub after running water in. She closed her eyes for a little peace but she happened to get quite the opposite.

No, I don't.

This is the woman I love.

After everything she'd done for him, he deemed her worthless. She just couldn't understand why he did that.

You might find it annoying as to why she was still hang up on him. But this happens when you're told you're getting married to the love of your life at an early age.

Shutting down the events that resurfaced, she made her way out of the tub to clean herself.

She softly paddled to the kitchen after getting dressed only to see Cata making breakfast.

"Hey, Val. Take, it's for the headache". Cata turned to her friend. She pushed a cup of hot coffee towards Reina.

"Oh Cata, thanks". Cata hummed in response as she stared at Reina who eagerly gulped down the content of the cup.

Cata cleared her throat," Do you want to talk about what happened yesterday?".

"I'd rather not, Cata".

"But, Val, not to be a nosy bitch but you drank yourself to sleep yesterday. It took every cell in my body not to call Dim. Val, I understand what you're going true but that doesn't mean you can kill yourself".

Reina sighed at Cata's words. It even hurt her to think about what had happened.

"Look, Cata, I know you care about me and I'm really grateful for that but what I did is none of your business".

Cata looked shocked at her friend's sharp tone. Reina had never talked to her in that tone. What had Michael done to her friend?!

Reina sighed as she closed her eyes and opened it. "Cata, you know I didn't mean that. I'm just...".

Cata shrugged it off. "It's okay. It's fine. You know what they say, everything happens for reason".

She finished her off sentence with a wink and Reina knew damn well her bestfriend wasn't talking about what had conspired between them.

The two friends laughed as they made their way to the sofa to sit. Accidentally, Cata sat on the tv remote which switched on the tv.

"Hello, guys. This is Mile Ambrose and I'm here with Michael Hamilton and his supposed model girlfriend, Olive Brown. A lot people have been speculating about the relationship between the business man and the model. So today, we're about to hear it from the man himself".