ONE

♧♧♧

♧♧♧

MOST IF NOT every girl's dream was to get married to the love of her life, also known as her soul mate. One may ask who or what a soul mate is.
A soul mate is simply someone who you have an immediate connection with and would like to spend the rest of your life with them.

And that was also Reina's dream. Ever since she was little, she always wanted her father to walk her down the aisle to her husband. And today, today was that day.

The chatters of people could be heard as they went up and down trying to make sure everything was perfection for the wedding of Reina Valentina Koslov. The only female child of the Valentino-Koslovs and the apple of their eyes.

She sat in a chair as the hair stylist messed with her hair. Suddenly, someone barged into the room holding a box under her armpit whiles holding the trail of her dress.

Reina looked in the direction of the sound and saw her friend, Cata Rivera. The Spanish girl gave orders to the clothing stylists as she made her way to her friend.

"Cata, calm down. You're acting as if this were your wedding. I'm the one who's supposed to be the bridezilla jumping everyone's neck not you".

Cata rolled her eyes. "Val, you don't get it. Today's the day you're getting married. Today's the most important day of your life and as your friend and maid of honour, it's my duty to be stressed. Now shush, and let the stylists do their work".

Reina just chuckled and shook her head. Cata Rivera was one of a kind.

"Guys, make sure by the time Reina leaves this room, she's as beautiful as a princess. Not that she's not".

With this, everyone in the room burst out in laughter.

Cata, with the aid of someone, opened the box she was holding. In sat a pair of diamond earrings, diamond hair clips which looked like a halo and a diamond necklace with an emerald gem in the center.

"Reina, my darling!". A middle aged woman also suddenly barged into the room and made her way towards Reina.

"Mother, please don't start now. If you start I won't be able to stop".

"I know, I know. It's just that you've dreamt of this ever since you were little and here you are now".

"Oh, Mother". The hairstylist gave the mother daughter duo privacy. It seemed like they weren't done yet and she was also getting uncomfortable. It was as if she was intruding on a special moment.

"Mrs. Koslov, you look beautiful". Cata said and the lady on topic turned around to pull Cata into a quick hug.

"Cata, dear, it's been quite a while since I saw you".

Cata gave a small laugh. "Yes, Mrs. Koslov. I was actually busy with Val's upcoming wedding preparations".

"Oh Cata, thanks for doing all of this. We really appreciate it".

"No need to thank me, Mrs. Koslov. Val is like my sister".

"Well, I'm really happy to hear that".

Cata smiled at her friend's mother.

"Miss Reina, it's time to wear your dress". One of the stylists said and Amore let her mother but not before giving her a tight hug.

Reina shrugged off the robe she wore as the clothing stylist brought her dress with the help of Cata.

"Here". Cata gestured for Reina to hold her arm whiles she slipped into the dress.

The dress was ivory coloured. It hugged her body and accentuated her lovely brown skin. The dress was classy and chic. It had embroidery of little crystals as per Cata's request. The embroidery ran from the chest line to the sleeves.

Her neck was adorned with the diamond necklace while her ears were clipped with a matching pair. Her hair was in a simple bun and with the  silvery hair clip on her head, it was perfect to say that the hard work of the stylists had paid off.

She was ushered into a pair of white bridal Jimmy Choo heels.

She smiled as she looked at herself in the mirror. Cata stood behind her and said,"Val, it's time".

Reina gave her a brief nod of her head and in no time, they were out of the room only to see her brothers and her father looking like they wanted to cry.

"Oh my little girl. Look at you now". Her father said once he got close to her and kissed her head. With teary eyes, her two brothers got into a circle and hugged her.

"Val, we're going to miss you". They cried and she laughed inspite of how tight her throat was. She was really leaving her brothers and her father.

"I'll visit you every chance I get".

"It won't be the same once you're with Michael". Sébastián, the oldest said.

"Boys, we'll be late. Don't you want your sister to be married?". Cata said and Sébastián's eyes fell on her. She turned to Reina's father. And he knew that was his cue.

Reina's arm was in his as the door to the wedding hall was opened by two guards inside.

♧♧♧

Just as their feet was in the room, the instrumental version of Maroon 5's Girls Like You played and everyone stood up on cue.

Reina smiled in the direction of her soon to be husband but he just stared at her blankly.

Isn't the man supposed to be happy when he sees his fiancee down the aisle?

She hadn't realised that she was now at par with her soon to be husband.

"Take care of her". Her father said to him but the look on his face was one was of indifference and dare I say, coldness.

"We're here to witness the holy matrimony of Michael Hamilton and Reina Valentina-Koslov". The officiant started.

 The officiant started