WINGS OF FIRE; CREATURE FACTS

Since I've finished this story, I wanted to put some finishing facts about the dragons in this story!

(Also, thank you all so much for the amount of views I got on this story! I never had expected it to reach this far!)

1. Gleam has anger issues

You might've actually guessed this judging on how easily Gleam got angry in this book.

2.  Elk has a crush on both Blue and Gleam

He has a bigger crush on Gleam than on Blue, however. But he starts to like Blue even more in the new book. I can't be sure who to make him like more, so I'll leave the decision up to you guys. Tell me in the comments which ship should prevail - Blue x Elk or Gleam x Elk

3. Ember only liked Snow Leopard because of her looks

Remember Ember, Gleam's dad? Well, what if I told you he only liked Gleam's dead mother Snow Leopard because of how she looked? Snow Leopard was a beautiful IceWing who had caught the eyes of many IceWings amongst her tribe. Perhaps, if you all wanted, I could do a story based on Snow Leopard's or Ember's back story and how they both met?

4. Gleam has NightWing blood

Part of the reason why she had the strange powers was because of her NightWing blood. Ember's great-great-great-great grandfather was a NightWing, and had powers just like Gleam except much stronger.

5. Gleam was the tiniest bit animus

Picking up on the 'Gleam has NightWing blood' thing. Her great-great-great-great-great grandfather had the same powers as her, but very stronger, so that in comparison Gleam's powers are pretty weak. Anyways, Gleam's great x5 granddad was an animus, and he had granted himself the power to have the ability to kill anyone he was angry at. Except that when he was angry, whoever he was mad at would die straight away instead of being strangled by an invisible force. Gleam somehow inherited that power, so that's where her power originated.

6. Blue never liked Elk

At least, in this story she never did. Maybe in Claws of Betrayal she'll start liking him more. Who knows. But the reason why Blue doesn't like Elk is because of the attention Gleam gives to him instead of her. She's jealous of him, to summarise it.

7. Elk shouldn't have been hatched

When he was just in an egg, his mother flew to the top of the Stronghold with Elk's egg in her arms and dropped him. Elk's egg had almost smashed, and it had earned a huge split down the middle. But if she'd flew a bit higher, Elk wouldn't have existed at all!

8. Gleam was supposed to have a brother or sister

Snow Leopard had laid two eggs in the Ice Kingdom. They had both hatched, but sadly Gleam's sibling froze to death before Snow Leopard could register what was happening. Gleam had somehow pulled through, luckily, otherwise we wouldn't have had a story!

9. Ember cheated on Snow Leopard

Another sad/bad fact about Ember that makes me dislike him even more. Whilst Ember was meeting up with Snow Leopard between battles, he was also talking to a lovely SkyWing dragoness called Cardinal, who was completely unaware of Ember's affair with Snow Leopard. She died in a battle.

That's all! I hope these facts fascinated you! Good night/good day! 

- luna/kat

July 16 2022 - December 26 2022