2: ᵈʳᵃᵍᵒⁿᵇᵃᶜᵏ ˢᵘⁿˢᵉᵗˢ

☁️ ·̩͙✧C H A P T E R  T W O

☁️ ·̩͙✧
C H A P T E R  T W O

3 YEARS AGO

ILAXIA DESCENDED from the skies, followed within seconds by Venmor.
Her sister and her family were waiting for her on the bridge on the way to Dragonstone with a smile on their faces. Mevanya stepped down from her dragon, and walked briskly into Rhaenyra's open arms.

"Welcome, my dear. Was it an easy flight
"It was fine."

After hugging her sister, her cousin Rhaena approached her with a huge smile to wrap her in another hug.

She greeted her Uncle Daemon, little Joffrey, and when she turned around, Lucerys was standing tall, eyes straight ahead but cheeks pink, Mevanya let out a small laugh and turned to the boy to kiss both cheeks.

"Hi, Luke."
"H-hello, Nya," he smiled nervously.

When she looked away from Lucerys's cheeks, her eyes stopped on the eldest of the Velaryon brothers. Jacaerys regarded her with such scrutiny that it made her stand up straighter, changing her smiling countenance to a more formal one.

"Jace."
"Mevanya."

And that was as far as his formalities went. The small tension in her heart growing with every second of his indifference. She thanked her sister silently as she interrupted and led everyone into the castle, both Ilaxia and Venmor taking flight again.

This was a rather special occasion. Her mother was no longer allowing her to come to visit her sister with her father's growing illness, her visits, once no more than 3 moons apart, were now extended, and she had not visited Dragonstone for 5. Her father, when by a miracle of the gods had heard her complain of this, sent her off immediately.

"It is good to have you back, niece."
"Thank you, uncle, it's good to be back."
"Your High Valyrian has improved since last time," Rhaenyra smiled proudly.
"Yes, perhaps you could give Jace a few lessons." When the boy heard his name mentioned by Daemon, he immediately turned to look at the three silvers with suspicion.

Mevanya looked at him for a second, but tried to avert her gaze afterwards before he caught her in his direction.

"Another time, it will be."

Daemon, not at all discreet, rolled his eyes as if to say "I'm trying to do you a favour, cooperate". Which Mevanya completely ignored as she followed Rhaena to her chambers.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

"Do you want to go for a fly, Luke?" Mevanya asked with a huge smile on her face.

It had become a habit that when Mevanya was visiting, the two of them would go out flying on their dragons near sunset, so they could witness from the best possible vantage point when it happened.