6: ᵉʸᵉˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ˢᵃʷ ʰᵉʳ

☁️ ·̩͙✧C H A P T E R  S I X

☁️ ·̩͙✧
C H A P T E R  S I X

2 YEARS AGO

SHE COULD not stop laughing as she dismounted Ilaxia.
Lucerys, however, who was also dismounting Arrax, didn't find the situation very funny.

"Wow, what happened to you?" Jace asked when he saw them both entering the castle.

Lucerys was completely soaked, his riding suit and hair dripping with water, and some leaves tangled in his tangle of wet hair, while Mevanya was beginning to turn red with laughter.

"Mevanya!" Shrieked the youngest.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm just... I'm sorry."
"Uhmm, I ask again, what happened to you? Did you go to swim or to fly?" asked a very confused, but amused by the scene in front of him, Jacaerys.
"We fell," Luke answered reluctantly, rolling his eyes.
"Fell?"
"Arrax and I."
"And how does that explain you looking like a wet bush?"
"Well, you see, Arrax is still adjusting to me as his rider. He lost his balance a bit in one manoeuvre and we ended up crashing into a tree next to a pond. So that's why the leaves, and that's why the wet," he explained irritably, pointing to his hair and clothes.

There was a moment of silence, and then, at the same time, the two elders burst out laughing, Lucerys rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Oh, now you're laughing together."
"I'm sorry, brother," Jace apologized, unable to stop laughing.
"You stop laughing, or have you forgotten how many times Vermax knocked you down?"

Jacaerys shook his head at his brother, but it was too late, Mevanya had already heard him.

"Vermax... knocked you down?"
"It was only three times, and we were just practising," as with Luke's story, she started laughing until she turned red.
"I'm sorry I...I'm sorry," she apologised helplessly, clutching her belly as it began to hurt.
"Oh come on, didn't you ever have any problems with Ilaxia, or Venmor?" The boy reproached, followed by a nod from his younger brother.
"I've connected with Ilaxia since we were both newborns, and my biggest problem with Venmor is that he'd rather sleep than stretch a wing to fly, but he never says no to either of his two mothers," she rejoiced with a proud little smile.
"That's right, I'm sorry, I forgot you were perfect."
"You know what? Maybe I am."

A moment of silence, very different from the previous ones, came between them, Jacaerys didn't look away from Mevanya's, accepting the challenge in her violet eyes. It was only a few seconds that they stood like that, seconds that felt like minutes to both of them, neither turning away from each other until the interruption in Luke's voice came.

"Okay, I'm uncomfortable, I wish Rhaena was here."
"Wish I was what?" The newly named appeared from across the hall, answering Lucerys' prayers.
"Nothing, nothing, do you want to go... somewhere? I want to go somewhere, let's go somewhere," and without giving the newcomer a chance, he took her by the arm and dragged her back along the path she had taken to get there.