13: ᵗᵃᵏᵉ ⁱᵗ ᵃˡˡ. ᵖᵒⁱˢᵒⁿ ⁱᵗ ᵃˡˡ. ᵇᵘʳⁿ ⁱᵗ ᵃˡˡ

☁️ ·̩͙✧C H A P T E R  T H I R T E E N

☁️ ·̩͙✧
C H A P T E R  T H I R T E E N

THE SOLDIERS at Dragonstone first heard the roar of two dragons, then watched as two huge figures descended from the sky. Some ran to avoid being crushed, while others ran to warn their queen.

"All on guard!" Shouted their commander, pointing his weapons at the purple beast that roared as it landed.
"Halt!" shouted Ser Erryk Cargyll, as he caught a glimpse of the bloodied figure of a woman on the back of the larger dragon.

Immediately, when the woman's face turned slightly, he recognised her, and urged his companions to come to the princess's aid.
At first Ilaxia pushed them all away with a warning roar, too anxious, too alert to let anyone near her rider. But it only took a few words of calm from her for the dragon to understand that they wanted the same thing she did: to help and save Mevanya.

The princess, feeling the last shots of energy in her body, tried to climb down from her dragon, but as she descended, her legs gave way and she fell flat on the ground. As if her body needed one more blow that it could no longer take.

When the guards realised that the she-dragon was no longer going to eat them if they took one more step, they rushed to the princess' aid immediately, lifting her weak and tired body and trying to get her to react.

"My sister..." Mevanya whispered hoarsely, trying as best she could to keep her eyes open. "I need to...talk to my...sister."
"Stay calm, princess, you are safe now, we must take you to the maester," Ser Erryk spoke, as everyone rushed into the castle with her hanging from their arms.

Inside the fortress, the first to hear of the arrival of the two dragons were Daemon and Jacaerys. The moment the soldier spoke of the unexpected arrival of two great violet dragons, Jacaerys didn't need a second to know who it was, much less to set off in search of the beasts' rider.

His heart, with every step, raised his altered rate, he could almost feel it in his mouth, on the verge of bursting out of his chest. His trembling hands could not keep still, and in his head a single prayer echoed over and over again:

"Please let it be you."

In the distance he could hear the quickening footsteps of several guards, and Ser Erryk's altered cries for a maester's aid.
Jacaerys ran after the voice, not realizing that Daemon was at his heels, talking to him about keeping calm.

When he turned and saw the guards running with a platinum dangling in their arms, his heart finally escaped his body. The whole world stopped at that moment, all the air in the world no longer seemed to be enough. The world no longer spun the same, the world no longer looked the same. The only thing in it was the sight of Mevanya Targaryen, barely conscious and completely covered in blood, but alive, just yards away from him.

"Mevanya..." her name came first like a breath of life. Until at last he accounted for all the bruises, wounds, and dried blood that covered her trembling body. "Mevanya!"