Shintaro Midorima

Intelligence is attractive to everyone.
Beauty is subjective.
Kindness is a virtue.
Having all three is rare.
Finding a partner proved difficult for Shintaro Midorima.
He has yet to find someone as intelligent as him. He cares little for anything else.
Cute girls confess all the time but they're either very dumb or completely self-centered.
Finding someone with all three qualities was proving impossible and hopeless.

That is until he met (Y/n).
Midorima was in the school library when he noticed the girl as she pushes up her glasses.
Her arms are full of books.
The green haired boy instantly found her pretty. He shakes his head, remembering looks aren't everything.
She walks past him and smiles. "Good morning Shintaro. Have a great day." She greets as she walks by. "Ms. Rintaro I have those books you asked for."
"Oh thank you dear. You're so sweet." The older woman responds and pats the girl's cheek.

After that he just seemed to be around whenever she was being praised.
The basketball player clenches his fists. "Being nice and pretty are okay but if she's an airhead I can't hold a decent conversation with her."

"Shintaro, remember not to bandage your fingers too tightly. Oh and your lucky item is so cute."
The boy turns to the girl quickly.
"Did you get 63.87 for number 21?"
Her question caught him off guard.
"On the test today," she clarifies.
"Oh that. Yes I did."
"Oh goody. I'm gonna stay top of my class then. That was the only problem I questioned. The formula was wrong so I had to tell the teacher."
"I noticed as well. No one else noticed. Good catch."
(Y/n) smiles. "Do you like my lucky item?" She asks holding up a geisha fan.
"You must be a (sign)."
"Indeed I am. Our signs are very compatible."
"I do recall reading that this morning, yes. I'm glad to hear."

"Would you like to go for tea after practice and discuss the projects from Japanese Histoy?"
He nods once.
"Here's my contact information. I'll meet you there. Text me when practice is over."
He takes the paper and nods. "I'll see you then."
She smiles then leaves.

Midorima didn't know how to feel. He didn't even scold her for using his given name. He didn't feel his usual annoyance or desire to leave the conversation.
Everything felt natural and engaging.
As he remembers their signs he blushes.
"Relations between Virgo and (sign) last a lifetime." He whispers then walks back to class.