William James Moriarty

"Will, I want to be useful to you. I'm not as smart or cunning as you. I'm not skilled with guns or disguise. I'm not family. Give my life meaning."
"Meaning huh? Everyone has pledged their lives to our cause. Can you say the same?"
"Of course."
"Even though you're in love with me? You would join us, knowing I could never love you back."
"After all the years you've known me I've never left your side. I knew we were on different levels but I believe in your goals. So yes, whether you love me or not. I will do whatever you ask of me."
"Fantastic! Then I know exactly what must happen now."
"You have a job for me already?"
"I have our next nobleman in need of punishment."
"Who?"
"A man who destroys love."
"Destroys love?"
"He murders women after they confess their love."
"What kind of monster...wait, what?"
"You will play the role of love struck woman. You will confess your love to me in front of him and hopefully you will become his next victim."

(Y/n)'s mouth opens slightly in shock. "A lamb to the slaughter...?"
"(Y/n) I am not setting you up to die. He will parish before he has the chance to. But I cannot guarantee that you will not be harmed.
"Is this how coldly you treat other women who fancy you? Humiliate them and hope a murderer attacks them."
"You said you were willing to die for our cause and now I promise your life will not be forfeit and you refuse."
Tears water the woman's eyes and she looks away.
"Fine. But I prefer to die if it means I don't have to live with the embarrassment of my rejection."
William frowns and grabs her hand. "You don't mean that."
"Why shouldn't I? You want to die, why can't I?"

William's face turns stoic. "That's different. I am sacrificing my life to-"
"And I am sacrificing my life for the cause too."
"You can live and-"
"William, you don't understand how love works do you? Romantic love."
"I've never been in love."
"I know. And you probably never will be. I'm a peasant who loves a noble. My life is best given up in hopes it will push change. If he doesn't kill me then it won't change anything."
"That's not true. Attempted murder is just as-"

Once again (Y/n) cuts him off.
She puts her hands on his chest and gently leans her forehead against her hands.
William squeezes her close and buries his face in her hair. "I don't want anyone close to me to die. I know it's selfish."
"You're right. It is selfish. But just because I'm your puppet doesn't mean I can't decide my ending."
"(Y/n) I won't let you die."
"Now you're really being selfish. Making me live with my unrequited love. It's been how many years William? It's not like you could magically grow feelings for me even if I did live."
"Then live to find a new love. When I'm gone you can find someone else to love."
"This is what I mean when I say you don't know how love works."

William squeezes her arms and pulls away roughly, staring into her eyes. "Stop trying to die so easily."
"Now you're being a hypocrite." She jokes and laughs softly.
"Please stop." He whispers, burying his face in her shoulder.
She pets his hair and lifts his chin.
He looks into her eyes and she smiles.
"William James Moriarty, I won't live in this world without you."
"I'm not dead yet. How can you expect me to live without you?"
"You have the others. I have no one."
"You have me."
(Y/n) laughs and shakes her head. "You can carry the burden of my death just like Jefferson Hope, Thomas Michaelson and Adam Whitely."

Tears water the blonde man's eyes.
(Y/n) laughs softly. "I came here begging you to give my life meaning. I didn't realize it would end with you shedding tears. Authenticity is very important correct, for your plays? I don't know how much more real we can get. Just don't let our tears goes to waste. Don't let me die in vain."
Before William can stay anything to change her mind she kisses him then leaves.
After she is out of sight he clenches his fists. "You will not die. I'm sorry (Y/n), but I need you. Let me be selfish this one time."