William James Moriarty

(Y/n) giggles and puts the queen piece on her friend's forehead.
"(N/n) what are you doing? Let brother rest," Louis whispers.
"He won't wake up. He's a heavy sleeper. Plus the chess pieces are light. He probably doesn't even feel it."
Louis looks at his older brother and sighs. "I guess you're right. But still."
(Y/n) pokes the younger boy's cheek and smiles. "Fine. But promise me when you get all big and strong you'll still play chess with me. I'll sneak in or you could sneak out."
"Big and strong? I don't think that'll happen. Lord Moriarty agreed to pay for my surgery but... I don't suspect it will help me-"

"What are we talking about?" The sleeping boy asks, sitting up slowly.
"Brother! I'm sorry. Did we wake you?"
"It's fine Louis. Oh (Y/n) you're here. And I see you've brought the chess piece." He laughs softly, picking the fallen piece off his lap.
"Of course. I carry it with me everywhere. Do you carry the king still?"
"Naturally." The blonde smiles and pulls out the king chess piece from his chest pocket.
(Y/n) smiles and looks at the wooden object.
"I keep it close to my heart."
Louis goes back to reading his book, wondering what piece he would get.

"Even if the king were to fall the game is not lost. With a queen the game may still be won."
(Y/n) cups his face and cries more. "You can't leave me!"
The blonde smiles and takes one of her hands then kisses her knuckles. "My queen you must take over where I left off. Help the cause for as long as you can."
"My king... (Will's real name) please!"
William laughs softly. "Yes, call me by my name. It's been so long. Scorn me, punch  me, cry out my name in agony. Curse my name to the heavens but please, my queen-"
He kisses her chess piece and squeezes it between their hands.
"-live on."

"Brother I-"
"Louis, make sure (Y/n) is taken care of." William turns to his brother then hands him the king piece.
"I can't-"
"Lou... I know I'm putting a lot on your shoulders. But live and be happy. This world will be purified and I need you two to see it through for me."
(Y/n) looks into William's eyes for a moment then runs away crying.
"I won't let you die brother." Louis assures then walks away.
William sighs and slowly looks at his hands.
Of course... the darkest shade of scarlet.

(Y/n) grips Sherlock's jacket and cries into his chest.
"Why are you crying?" He asks in a low voice.
"I'll do whatever you want just... don't let him leave me. I can't win a chess match without my king. He has thrown his queen away but I won't leave his side. You're the only one who can save him. Cleanse his hands of the scarlet he sees."
"What kind of relationship do you and Liam have? Surely it's not romantic."
"Of course not! He is my king and I am his queen. He is my reason for living."

Sherlock does his best to conceal his confusion but pats her back. "You don't need to beg me on your knees. I already made up my mind. I will save William no matter what it takes."
"You will?"
"Not to mention, you probably aren't the only one who feels that way."
(Y/n) looks into his eyes and sniffles.
"Go home and rest assured. William James Moriarty will not die any time soon."

(Y/n) pants heavily as she runs to the bridge.
Louis and Moran follow and try to pull her away.
"Sherlock you promised!" The woman yells.
William looks at (Y/n) sadly. "I'm sorry my queen. I wish things could've been different."
"My king I-"
"I love you." William confesses then looks at Sherlock and falls backwards.
"Wait, what?" The woman stands confused as she watches the blonde and detective fall.