I got in!!

Prince Farhad sat in the palace's majestic gardens with his father. he had lost his mother at a tender age of 10, she had died from a brief illness. That was 13 years ago, he was 23 now and most of the pain had gone away, he did often think of what he's life would be like if he's mother hadn't died. He felt a pain from a deep part of his heart each time he thought of her, a pain he didn't care to acknowledge, a pain he didn't want to acknowledge.
He spoke with his father as a servant served tea, it was 2:45 in the afternoon. Farhad, his father spoke. " You will journey to Plãss in three weeks".
" I need you to oversee that the oil deal is successful"
"But father, we have an ambassador there and also, it's the job of the foreign minister, I can not defy your orders father but I believe I'm more effective here than in a small city in another country".
His father laughed, " Plãss isn't that small, it's in fact larger than you think, and a change of environment would do you a lot of good". defeated, prince Farhad replied "yes father" .
The king placed his hand on his son's shoulder, " Farhad, I have always known you'd make a great king one day, but you have to show the people you have dignity and integrity, partying hard and drinking heavily will not do you nor the kingdom any good". " you're better than this, you weren't always like this and I believe my son is in there somewhere, one day you'll get married and have your own family, you'd be king and you have a duty to your people to choose a befitting queen, someone with a high intelligence, grace, eloquence, emotional intelligence, kindness. Someone who understands fully well that being a queen is a lot more than being married to a king."
"I have faith in you son"......

By the time I got home, my dad had gone out and my mum and the two brats were in the living room watching movies, it had taken a while for them to open the door.
"Salaam every one", I said as I went to drop the groceries in the kitchen, I'll arrange and put them in their proper places later but I kept the frozen foods inside the refrigerator.
"Let us see what you got", " check the kitchen ", I knew they were talking about the dresses but teasing them was too fun. " you know it's the dresses we're asking for" "what dresses?"
"Please show us, or get ready for tickles", they wriggled their fingers and walked towards me. "Wait, wait, I yield, I said dramatically.
I will show you the dresses". I bought out the shopping bag and pulled out the dresses. They grabbed them, Yasmine gushed over them and Jasmine tried to play adult and inspect them,," they're soooo pretty, why didn't you get them in my size?" Yasmine chided, "cause if I did, it would be your clothes and not mine",
"Hmm, yeah yeah, you're right".
"What do you think mum?, are the dresses pretty?". I asked expectantly, "yes they're but try them on first", I got up and headed to the room with the dresses. I wore the Caribbean one first, it hugged my slim waist that I didn't see the need to wear a belt. I went back in the living room and showed my mum and sisters, " tada" " what do you guys think?", "OMG, it's lovely, you look like a princess", Yasmine gushed. "You?", I looked towards Jasmine, " yeah I love it, it suits your figure perfectly, all poised and elegant", "awww thanks".
"Mum?"
"You look so beautiful sweetheart, wear a heel on it", I pulled out a wedge and cat walked around the living room. Just then, my phone rang and I rushed to get it, and checked who it was.
It was from the university!! I froze, the moment I looked forward to and also dreaded was here, it was judgement day. I swallowed and answered it.
"Hello?",
"Good afternoon Miss Zyir, I'm calling on behalf of the school board of the university of Plãss, you've been offered admission to study creative arts, please vist our website and accept or decline the admission".
"Oh my God, thank you, thank you so much, I accept, I accept".
"Congratulations, Miss Zyir, please proceed to print out your admission and acceptance letters from our website, Good bye Miss Zyir, we look forward to seeing you".
With that she hung up. I jumped and twirled in joy, my mum and sisters who had been listening,were eager to know what happened.
I pulled my mum up and twirled with her, " i got in mum, I got in", she screamed and hugged me and my sisters joined in too.
I did as instructed and accepted the admission on the school's website and also printed out my admission and acceptance letters.
I stared at my admission letter, was I dreaming? . This is what I wanted so badly.
I was finally going to college. I was suddenly filled with fear, being homeschooled all my life, I didn't know how regular schools were and I couldn't possibly imagine how college life would be.
But I was determined not to let fear get the better of me.
Sure, I was going to be socially awkward but I'd at least have to try to make friends, oh my Gosh, friends, what if I wasn't cool enough for them, Plãss was a state university but a lot of rich kids went there too, it had high standards. I sighed, they were definitely going to have nicer clothes, shoes, accessories and phones than I did.
"I don't think I'd make much friends in college, i guess", even the kids whose parents weren't rich found other means to get the best clothes and phones, they got jobs, rich boyfriends or rich friends. I didn't have any of these, for a moment my spirit was almost crushed by the thoughts. But I pulled myself out of it and thought of the greater good, I was going to get a degree, graduate, get a good paying job and make the best life possible for myself.
I waited for my dad to get back and inform him of the admission. He was delighted.
My dad and I weren't close, I have always thought he preferred my sisters over me. They just seem to get along better than I did with him and It made me like feel like the odd one out, maybe it was all in my head. Or was it?
It was 8:05 in the evening by the time he got home and my mum and my sisters and I had already had dinner before him, so I went to bed early, I was too troubled by my thoughts and I needed to sleep them off.

Don't forget to vote, follow and comment.
🌬❤