First day in College

I was both thrilled and nervous.
I got up as early as 5 a.m., took a long honey scented bath, braided my hair, applied some makeup, and finally, I needed to pick out an outfit, I couldn't decide on what to wear, I went through my closet, and for 30 minutes, I still couldn't figure out what to wear.
Defeated. I sat on my bed and tried to visualize how I had always imagine my first day of college would be.
I closed my eyes.

"I'd walk into the campus, dressed in palazzo pants, cute long sleeved (you guessed right) turtleneck, a flowy chiffon jacket, a pair of covered wedges, hmm, maybe sunglasses and a sling bang."

"And I'd hold some books in my hand, I'd walk around clueless of where to go, probably humming to my self,

then bam! "It happens, I walk into a wall, wait, it's not a wall, it's a person with really toned abs and broad shoulders,

then I look up and gaze into the most beautiful pair of eyes, with the most perfectly sculpted face."

"He'd look concerned and ask me if I was okay, I'd stare at him and nod shyly, then I'd notice, I was staring to much, I'd look down and realise he has his hands on my waist, I'd panic and move of his reach,

he'd be amused and would chuckle lightly, with a deep heavenly voice and bend to help pickup my books, being my sometimes clumsy self, I'd bend to pick the books at the same time, our heads would bump and I'd quickly take the books from him and turn to leave, he'd call after me but I wouldn't look back cause I'd be so embarrassed and wish the ground would open up and swallow me."

"This is what happens when you watch too much Disney cartoons and fairy tale movies."

Someone tapped me gently on the shoulder, it was Jasmine, quietly, "whatcha doing?"

"Nothing! I smiled mischievously and said

"Just imagining what I'd wear on my first day of college, now shooo, I'm trying to focus."

"Is that why you were mumbling to yourself?, I thought you finally snapped."

I hit her with a pillow, "shooo!
"You either help me figure out what to wear or go away."

"Fine, I'll help, do you have anything you'd like to wear?"

"Yeah."

"Good, that's a start, do you want a dress , skirt and tunic top, crop top, kaftan top or pants and a button down maxi dress?"

"Thanks but no thanks, I'll go with Palazzo pants, a slim fit long sleeve shirt, a jacket, a pair of wedges and a sling bag."

"Oof, why did you ask for my help when you've obviously figured out what to wear?"

I rolled my eyes, " soooo, what do you think?"

"It's nice, I guess."

"I guess?"

"Just kidding, it's nice, now go get dressed, you don't wanna be late on your first day."

"Thanks mom." I replied sarcastically

After getting dressed, I went down downstairs and realized I was too excited to eat, I had some orange juice and, hugged my mum and waited in the car for my dad.

It took a lot to convince my mum not to come with us, I was 19 and I was going to college not my first day in Kindergarten.

After what seemed like eternity, my dad came out, got in the car and we were on our way.

My dad and I barely spoke during the drive, except some few questions and replies.

At last we got to the grand gates of the University of Plãss.
My dad came down the car and I did the Same.

"Do I need to come with you for any paperwork you might have to sign or submit?."

"No way, I wasn't going to have my dad following me everywhere."

"No daddy, I can take care of it myself."
I said as I flashed my brightest you can totally trust me smile."

I hugged him and he got into the car and drove off.

I was suddenly filled with a feeling of loneliness, I was alone.
I entered into the vast campus of the university and took in the scene, a lot of nice cars drove by, students dressed in really cool clothes, they held the latest iPhones and seemed to walked in groups of twos, threes or more.

The buildings were huge and beautiful.
Trees lined the sidewalks with long tarred roads around the whole school, there was a lot more but that's all much I could take in from where I stood.

But one thing was clear to me, The University of Plãss was a world on its own.