6. Hate

《 If the sky comes falling downFor youThere's nothing in this world I wouldn't do 》

For you
There's nothing in this world I wouldn't do 》

~♡~

Both looked back as a knock was heard.

"Who is it?" Mark asked and exchanged a look with his boyfriend.

"Its me."

With a sigh, he slipped out of the bed cover and walked up to the door. Donghyuck sat back on the bed, hugging his knees under the cover.

"Its almost midnight. What are you doing here?" Mark questioned, opening the door. "Everything okay?"

"Sorry, didn't mean to interrupt anything." Jeno answered with a guilty smile. "I just... couldn't wait until tomorrow. Its... kind of- I mean, it is urgent for me but I don't know how this will sound to you guys, so– you know-"

"Jeno." Mark called, making the younger stop his blabbering. "We can always talk."

The other looked Mark in the eyes. For a moment they seemed to be observing eachother.

"Yeah, I know." Jeno said at last.

Mark signed from his head and both got inside the room, the door closing behind them.

"After a full day of annoying us with your existence, you just have to bother us at night too, don't you?" Donghyuck asked with an eye roll, sending a mischievous look at Mark.

Mark shook his head and the younger immediately stiffened up, serious.

"What is it?" Donghyuck asked in a quiet tone.

Jeno stood at the end of the bed, his hands crossed over his chest. Mark sat down next to Donghyuck and waited for the other to start speaking.

"Don't you think something weird is going on?" Jeno asked, none of his usual playful remarks displayed on his face.

"What do you mean?" The tanned boy asked with a raised brow. "Everything happening here is weird."

"Not like that," Jeno hesitated. "I mean about the hunt."

Even the air around them felt strange at that comment. Mark gave each of them a look , knowing all of them were feeling the same thing.

"What about the hunt?" the older asked, curiosity level rising up.

Jeno took few seconds to speak again. With a sigh, he dropped his hands down, motioning them here and there.

"Think about it," he started. "Its normal. We all are used to it, everyone goes hunting in the woods. That's the usual stuff. We get our freedom and the other kids from the kingdoms also stay with us. We have our own games and competitions, then we fight, break few bones of one another and make up before they leave. Sounds normal."