8. Words

《 Everyone thinks that we're perfectPlease don't let them look through the curtains 》

Please don't let them look through the curtains 》

~♡~

"Ready?" Mark asked, squeezing Donghyuck's hand for mental support.

"I guess..." The other replied with a nervous smile.

Mark took a deep breath and let go of his lover's hand, signing the door guards to open the door.

They were welcomed by Mark's mother; lady Maliya. She gave them a smile, opening her arms for a hug. When it was Donghyuck's turn, she didn't forget to kiss the boy on the forehead before breaking away.

His mom loved his boyfriend. Among all the adults, lady Maliya was the only one who genuinely loved what Mark and Donghyuck had. Others were simply accepting them as a form of 'respect'.

Mark knew that since the very beginning. But who was he to complain? At least no one disowned them.

"Well, I think we can start now." his father's voice took their attention, making all three of them turn at him.

His parents had a huge room; or a chamber as everyone preferred that term. The room itself had a dinning area with a smaller version of what they had in the living room. There was also a kitchen area where lady Maliya did her cooking sometimes.

Mark's dad was at the head of the table, Taeyong as the first on the right side.

Both Mark and Donghyuck did a bow out of respect, taking their seats without any delay. Mark sat down next to his brother, his mother and Donghyuck on the opposite side.

"Donghyuck, how are you doing these days?" the middle aged man asked with a smile.

His father was actually young. Well, as young as a father of two grown kids could be. Jeno's father was more younger. In contrast to that, both Mark and Jeno's mothers were older than their own husbands. Donghyuck had same aged parents who unfortunately lost their lives.

"I'm having a great time, dad." Donghyuck said with a polite smile, sneaking a mili second glance from Mark. "How about you?"

His boyfriend was asked to address the two elders as mom and dad. Mark thought that was cute, how his family actually seemed to like having a son in law as a son already.

"Oh, I'm living my best life." was his father's reply, followed by a loud chuckle. "Everyone knows how much I love the hunting season. It's all about the spirit. Can't wait to beat my fellow brothers until the very end."

"Oh you surely will win, honey." his mother supported with a smile. "There isn't anyone who is capable of beating you. You always win. Such a talented husband I have."