7. Details

welcome to another long ass chapter of this long ass story <3 seriously, it's gonna be hella long :")

also stray kids and neos are friends because I say so :)

pls let me know your opinions about the story <333

《 If we go down then we go down together 》

~♡~

It felt awkward.

It always felt awkward in family gatherings.

They had to put up their best act thrice a day. Breakfast was actually bearable. No one seemed to ruin the good morning vibes. Lunch was busy. Their parents had too much to talk and they had to remain silent during the whole time. Dinner was simply torture. They had to answer questions and explain their mistakes. They had to go through all the fake complements and look excited about politics.

Mark was almost done with his bowl of soup, his analysis on his family coming to a halt.

His father looked mysterious as ever. His mother looked pale and composed. He never understood why she looked so white. That ruined her beauty, though she was still very much beautiful in Mark's eyes. Taeyong was nervous as always, his eyes not leaving his plate unless he was been called. Jihyo; Taeyong's soon to be wife, was the only fresh looking one among them.

Typical.

Jeno's father didn't look impressed, as if he was mentally suffocating someone. That too, wasn't new. Lady Seoyoun looked stunning in her golden white dress, her eyes excited for some reason. Then again, she always looked excited.

Jeno on the other hand, didn't look bothered. He was being himself, that confident smile always visible. He looked okay. Something Mark didn't understand. He never grasped Jeno's technique of being completely fine after having ten to twenty mental breakdowns at once. The boy who almost cried saying he was scared of killing Mark the previous night, was now sending a wink at him. Little flirt.

Meisoo looked focused, but bored. She was eyeing her food with lazy eyes, eating up few yawns before anyone could point it out as bad manners. She had a new hair pin on her head. Mark was sure he has never seen it. It looked pretty on her. Everything looked pretty on her. Seeing Jeno and Meisoo side by side, he wondered how easy it would've been if those two actually had feelings for eachother.

His eyes traveled to the two servant boys standing few steps away from them.

Jaemin looked fine. He seemed to be more cautious about his actions but he was okay. Good thing he went to see the doctor. Mark always envied Jaemin's hair. Those black locks looked too soft to be real. But that day the said perfect hair was kind of messy. He must have woken up late. He looked very attentive, secretly listening to everyone's words. That side of Jaemin was really attractive.