-✦-𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟕 : Late Night Visitor.

TW; None

TW; None

The soft pitter patter of the rain greets two figures by the Ramshackle dorm

The soft pitter patter of the rain greets two figures by the Ramshackle dorm. They both continued to trudge forward, unaffected by the rain as the sky seemed to refuse making them wet. The spirits of those who died greeted them kindly as they entered the doors of the dorm, the Shogun opts to simply smile and nod, before wordlessly walk to his designated room, his retainer trailing after him.

They've excused themselves from the group prior their return to meet Crowley, no objections were made then.

Now dressed in a plain hakama was the Shogun. The markings on his being glowed; Inazuman patterns that previously blended into his skin now shone a shade of purple and teal. His eyes are dulled, face flat and bore to nothing.

In this state; he's inactive. Consciousness moved into a different plane.

He is still, body hung lifelessly as a pair of large hands kept him afloat. The hands gestured that of a praying man's, tucked together and fingers slightly parted; as if it was presenting the Shogun himself in a silver platter.

The room is dim, his retainer knows. He knocks and excuses himself into the room without a second to spare. He had made dinner for the dorm occupants prior; now splayed over the tray that he brought was tamago and onigiri, as well as miso soup and tea.

His lord does not have the need to consume food; that much he knows well too. He simply finds it as an interesting and endearing practice; something he indulges here and then.

Yet in the quiet of the room, he tucked his legs in, shoulders relaxed as he poured himself a cup of tea. He eats idly like this; silently consuming his fill while he watches over the absent consciousness of his lord.

The doors of Ramshackle open with a 'click!' that echoed through the guest area, a tired sigh followed by it.

"We're back~" Yuu yelled, stretching his body.

"Nyaa.. I'm beat!" The feline with him whined, immediately flopping on to one of the cushions.

Not a moment too soon, a familiar figure walked down from the stairs not too far out, "Yuu-san." He greets and nods at them.

"Please, take a seat. I've made dinner a while ago, let me prepare it for you and the tanuki." He continued, making his way into the kitchen.

"Ah— you really didn't have to, Tsara-san!" The ravenette panics, earning a small huff from the older male.

"Please, don't fret about it." Tsara dismissed, serving a tray of food for the younger male and the feline.

"Now that you're both here and in the process of eating dinner, I will rest easy. Surely, waka-sama would think the same. Oyasumi, Yuu-san." The older continued, giving Yuu and Grim light pats.

"Goodnight, Tsara-san. Thank you for the food!" Yuu bursts out as the former made his way to the staircase.

"Nyight, henchmen!" Grim followed, mouth still full of food.

"ℍ𝕦𝕣𝕣𝕪 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕡𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕠𝕤𝕖𝕤 𝕣𝕖𝕕!"

The loud banging echoing through Ramshackle awoke most of it's occupants, interrupting them from a well rested night. Yuu woke up with a groan (and a killer headache), trying to snap out of his sleepiness.

Grimm seemed to be awoken as well, as if the annoyed expression he had wasn't obvious enough.

"Munyaa... Hey, you. Sounds like we have a late night visitor...." He yawned, before getting up to jump on the ravenette's lap.

"It's probably those ghosts again though.... They don't know when to quit..." The feline whined, burying his head to the human's chest.

Yuu simply rolled his eyes and shook his head. He let out a small sigh as he cradled the monster to his chest before making his way to the door, silently grumbling.

When he got there, however, his eyes settled to a familiar tall male facing out of the slightly open door. Though, he was out of earshot to hear what he was saying. That is, if the other was talking.

"....Know what? Never mind I'll just-" The voice got louder as he approached the door, now less dazed from a few minutes ago.

"Ace....?"

"What do you mean you ate a tart?" Yuu rubbed his temples, while the ginger with him gaze around the room with a new-found amazement.

"I was hungry when I got back to the dorm so I checked the fridge and there were tarts chilling inside. Three whole tarts!" Ace replied, defending himself as he started to recount how he ended up with the Heartslabyul Housewarden's unique magic.

"Laws of the Queen of Hearts, Number 89: "One shall not eat a tart without the queen's permission."?" Tsara interrupts, making his way from the kitchen to the guest room.

"That's exactly what he said!" Ace complained, before processing what the taller male had just said.

"Wait a minute— you know the Heartslabyul rules?!" The ginger haired male gawked, earning an eye roll from the other.

"There's only 810. Both me and Waka-sama has it down from the first to the last." He starts off handedly. "Inazuma laws has more than 1500, your dorm rules are nothing compared."

"Oh, you mentioned you went to the library earlier today! Did you find the rule book there?" Yuu questioned, seemingly unbothered by the revelation.

The taller male simply nods at him, before setting down a tray with a full meal and a cup of tea to the table.

"What's this?" Yuu quipped, looking at the male.

"Dinner for this imbecile. I'm going back to sleep, goodnight." The tengu simply said, before turning back to his designated room.

"I- wait! I thought you hated me?" Ace questioned, dumbfounded.

"Hate is such a strong word... But no. I've dealt with idiots like you in the past, what stops me from doing it again?" The tengu replied, before pausing.

"Though, considering that you've yet to apologize for burning me.. I suppose I dislike you more than I already have." He continued, before making his way up the staircase once again.

"....."

"Now I actually feel bad for the accident."

"Good for you."

"I should really apologize, huh."

"Yep."

╔═════════════════╗
Author's Note
╚═════════════════╝

I'M SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG 😭 I didn't do it on purpose I swear I just have shit time management and school(⁠•⁠ ⁠▽⁠ ⁠•⁠;⁠)

Anyways thank you for reading! For reference of the hands holding [M/N] while he's inactive, just imagine the hands below Shogun puppet when you fight second phase.