Chapter 6

We just got back from Boston the day before. Luckily we didn't have school that day, I was exhausted. Mathilda, Draco and I were sitting in front of the fire place in the common room, when Mathilda asked:

"So, what was that yesterday, with that guy and the ball thing?"

"First of all, it's called basketball, it's a very popular sport in America. Second of all, I was just catching up with a friend."

"He seemed like more than just a friend to me."

"Draco, are you...jealous? I mean, he's just a friend... I haven't seen him since I was 8 years old. I think you're being a little over protective."

"Overprotective! I'm not the one talking to random strangers out the streets! You don't realize what's going on! That there might be a war coming!"

"And you don't realize what I've been through!"

"Paige, I..." he took a step forward and reached his hand out to touch me.

"Don't. " I said, stepping back.

I was so angry, I didn't want to look at him. I ran out of the room. I wandered the corridors of Hogwarts until I couldn't feel anymore. I collapsed against the wall and cried into my knees. I kept thinking about everything I went through in the foster homes. I cried until I couldn't cry anymore, then everything went black.

~Draco's POV ~

I ran out after her. I needed to talk to her, tell her I was sorry. I Pushed past some students, but she was already gone. I searched every corridor, but I couldn't find her. I stumbled over something on the floor. I looked down to see what it was. It was Paige. I shook her lightly and she woke up. Her hair was a little messy and her eyes were all puffy from crying. I felt bad for upsetting her.

"Hi,"

"Hi."

"I want to apologize for earlier. I'm sorry, I was being overprotective. It's just... I really care about you"

"I understand, but I don't need protection."

"What if you were disarmed and couldn't use magic?"

"I took self-defense lessons when I was 13 years old."

"Oh."

"I guess I should've told you the whole story between me and little Timmy. His real name is Tom, we named him little Timmy because he was the smallest out of all the foster kids. We weren't in the best foster home. Our guardian at the time never paid any attention to us. If there's one thing I've learned from being in the foster system is that it's every man for himself. Even though Tom was the youngest, he was the one that looked out for us. He was small, so he could steal wallets easily, that was the only way we could afford food. Our guardian didn't feed us much or anything at all if we disobeyed. A year later, child services came and got us. We never saw him again."

~~~~~

We walked back slowly to the common room. She told me about her adventures in Boston. It was nice talking with Draco. I finally learned how to open up to people. We met up with our friends in the Great Hall for lunch.

"Who's that?" Mathilda asked, staring at the entrance.

I turned my head to see who it was. Noah! I got up from my seat and ran to him. I gave him a big hug and when we broke apart, I started hitting him in the arm. I was so mad at him for lying to me.

"What the hell, Noah. I thought you were dead."

"I know. I'm sorry. I wanted to tell you but the FBI wouldn't let me."