Chapter 4-Boston

*Warning: Vulgar language*

When we got back to Hogwarts, it was springtime. The snow was melting, the flowers were blooming, the sun was shining. I liked spring, mainly because it wasn't cold all the time. I was also really excited because of the big field trip coming up. The sixth years go on a trip to Boston Massachusetts for a week, each house would take their turn in going: Slytherin, Ravenclaw, Gryfindor and Hufflepufff. There are so many fun activities planned: the Boston Museum of Fine Arts, Franklin Park zoo and visit the historic town of Salem were the dreadful witch trials were held. The Ministry thinks it's a good way to learn about our heritage.

It was Saturday afternoon, we were sitting in the Great Hall having lunch, when I received a letter with a familiar muggle seal. I opened the letter and started reading it. I dropped the letter as my hands started shaking.

"Paige, is everything all right?" Mathilda asked, sitting next to me.

No words could come out of my mouth. I ran out of the Great Hall, tears pricking my eyes. I found a small quiet corridor and collapsed on the floor, crying. A few minutes later, I heard footsteps next to me. I lifted my head up and saw my brother. I knew he must of read the letter as well because I could see the sadness in his eyes, tears threatening to come out. He sat down beside me. I leaned against him and cried into his shoulder.

Later that day, in the common room, Mathilda and Draco asked me what was wrong. I was tired of keeping my past a secret, tired of lying to my friends and keeping my emotions bottled up. I finally decided to sit down and tell them everything.

"You both know that my parents died when I was five, right? Well, what you don't know is that I have another brother...had another brother. He died a week ago. His name was Noah. The reason why I never told anyone about him is because...he's a muggle. He was 11 years old when our parents died. Jared and I stayed in Boston, while he got moved to a home across the state. We've had five different foster homes by the time we were 10 years old. After that, we moved to our parents house and we've been there ever since. A dark wizard cursed Noah and he lost his powers. He couldn't stay in the wizarding world, so he made a life for himself in the muggle world. He got a job working for the American government, he lived in a small apartment on his own, he wrote to us almost every week."

I hadn't realized I was crying. I leaned onto Draco, sitting next to me, and cried into his chest, staining his shirt.Mathilda was sitting on the other side of me, rubbing my back comforting me. Jared sat on the floor in front of me, tears pricking his eyes. I was happy that the people I cared about were there when I needed them most.

A few days later, we arrived at the hotel by portkey. We walked into the hotel, it was nice, but not too fancy. To the left, there was a reception desk where we checked in, and to the right were couches and chairs and a few wizards talking about business and other boring stuff like that. There were owls flying in and out of the hotel. We went upstairs to were the rooms were. We had to separate into groups of four. I immediately grabbed Mathilda's arm and pulled her next to me. We were trying to find find two other people, but the teams were already made and we got stuck rooming with Parkinson and another girl. I was mad because that pug faced bitch has been trying to steel my boyfriend since day one, and now I have to share a room with her! For an entire week! It's a good thing I grew up here because I know the perfect place to hide a body.

We spent the first day at the Boston Museum of Fine Arts. It was kind of boring since I've already been there. Two days later, we went to the Franklin Park zoo. I love the zoo! I love going there and seeing all the animals! We passed by the elephant enclosure when I saw an old friend.

"Ellie!" I said, walking up to the enclosure.

Ellie was an African elephant with big ears, she had her trunk peeking threw the fence. I pet her trunk, reminding me of when I was a kid. Ellie and I were approximately the same age. The zookeeper let us in the enclosure to get a closer look at the beautiful creatures. We walked in and Ellie practically ran towards us. She stopped and sniffed all over me with her trunk. I felt it wrap around my waist. All of a sudden, I was being lifted up off the ground.

"Ellie! Put me down!" I said giggling, remembering the first time Ellie lifted me up.

We left to go see the other animals. We saw giraffes, zebras, even monkeys. I held a baby Capuchin monkey! He was so adorable!

 I held a baby Capuchin monkey! He was so adorable!