Chapter 8

I woke up the next morning, I saw a shadow with platinum blond hair and crystal blue eyes hovering over me.

"Draco?"

"Morning beautiful" I tried to sit up, but I had a hard time since both my stomach and my arm were hurting.

"Here, let me help."

"Thanks." I smiled at him.

"Paige... I... I have... Something to... to tell you."

"What is it Draco? You know you can tell me anything. I held his hand, trying to reassure him.

"Remember... when I... I told you I was a deatheater?"

"How can I forget?"

"Not this again," I thought.

"Well... I might not have told you everything."

"What do you mean?"

"The Dark Lord gave me a mission."

"What is it?" I asked, already regretting it.

"I have to... kill... Professor ... Dumbledore."

My face was as white as a ghost. I felt dizzy and sick to my stomach. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I felt like my heart was ripping in half. I knew Draco had a difficult past, his father being a deatheater and all that, but he was not a murderer.

"If I don't kill him by the end of the year... he'll kill me."

"You were the one who hexed Katie Bell!" I could tell by the look in his eyes he never meant to hurt her.

"Why did you lie to me?"

"I didn't want to drag you into this mess."

"It's a little late for that."

"Paige-"

"I just need to be alone...please."

He got up and left. I sat in my bed alone with my thoughts. After a minute, I got thirsty. I grabbed my wand to fill the empty cup on my bedside table. "Aguamenti!" I flicked my wand slightly and a sharp pain in my arm. I dropped my wand onto my lap. "I can't use magic!" I had this terrible feeling in my stomach. I remember the last time I had that feeling. It was when the foster system separated Jared and I from Noah. I felt so...helpless. Mathilda, Jared and Blaise walked into the hospital wing and stood at the foot of my bed. "How are you feeling?" Mathilda asked.

"I'm fine."

"How's your arm? Does it hurt?"

"I said I'm fine!" I practically shouted. I felt this sort of anger bubble up inside me.

"I'm going for a walk. I need some air." Mathilda reached out to help me out of bed.

"I'm fine! I don't need help!"

I got out of bed and walked out of the hospital wing with my arm in a sling. I walked around the empty castle; everyone was in the Great Hall having lunch. I was just walking by the boys bathroom when I heard a sort of explosion. I took a few steps closer and heard another explosion. I ran as fast as I could to try and find a teacher. I finally found Professor Snape in his classroom. "Professor! I heard an explosion in the boys bathroom!" He practically ran out of the classroom and down the hall to where I heard the noise. I finally caught up to him and stood outside the bathroom peering to see what was going on. The floor was flooded with water and Draco was lying in the center of the room in a pool of blood. I looked up to see Harry, holding his wand out. Snape waved his wand over Draco's body, healing his wounds. He carried him to the hospital wing. He placed him gently on the bed and Madame Pomfrey tended to him. Professor Dumbledore came in a few minutes later. "What happened?" he asked in a concerned but stern voice.

"Head master, a student was attacked, Miss Walker was the one who alerted me to the noise."

"Might I ask why you were walking around the castle alone? You should be in bed resting."

"Madam Pomfrey said I needed some exercise."

"It's true. It helps the blood circulate, better than sitting around all day."

"Very well then. We'll leave you two to rest. Good day."

And with that, he left followed by Professor Snape. I woke up the next day and Draco was sitting in the bed next to me. It was quiet and kind of awkward because of our fight from yesterday.

"Are you okay? I was worried."

"Really? I thought you'd still be mad at me."

"Yes, but that doesn't mean I don't care about you. What happened?"

"Potter attacked me. He knew I hexed Katte Bell."

"How?"

"I don't know. You were the only person I told."

"He must've heard us talking yesterday... Draco, I'm sorry, I overreacted. I understand why you didn't want to tell me, you were trying to protect me. It's just, ever since I was little, I was the one looking out for me and my brother. I guess I'm not used to having someone protect me."

Madame Pomfrey walked in. "You are both free to go. You, be careful with your arm. Unfortunately, you won't be able to use your wand for a while."

"Thank you." We left for the Great Hall to have breakfast. I was starving. I sat next to Jared in front of Mathilda.

"I'm sorry about yesterday. I was just upset because I can't use my wand."

"It's alright. I forgive you."

"Yeah, me too." Blaise said with a small friendly smile.

I turned to look at my brother. "What about you, little bro? Do you forgive me?" he looked up from his breakfast.

"Of course I do."

"Thank you." I said, wrapping my arms around him and giving him a big kiss on the cheek.

"Cut it out!" he gently pushed me off of him.

"I love you!"

"Yeah, yeah."

Just as we finished eating, Noah walked into the hall and over to our table with a scroll in his hands. "Hey Noah! What's up?"

"Where's the paper we found on the body? I figured out what it means."

"Good to see you too, big brother."

"Listen, I don't have time! Finn could be anywhere, and I think I figured out how to find him! I need the paper!"

"Relax, it's right here." I took the paper out of my pockets.

"Thank you."

"So, what does it mean?"

"There coordinates"

"Impossible. There are too many numbers." Jared said, confused. "That's what I thought. But then I removed the letters."

"It's still too long."

"For one set of coordinates, yes. But, how about more than one?"

He unfolded the scroll he held in his hands. It was a map of Hogwarts. He layed out the map on the table, took out of his jacket a quill with a never ending supply of ink and started placing points. He traced lines from those points going in different directions. "They all cross here. And that's where Finn will be." he said, pointing to the map.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Positive."