Orbital Romance (Tsukanene)

Author's Note: This is a Tsukasa x Nene story. I always thought this ship was interesting and a little cute if they were under the right circumstances.

-

"Hey! Hey! Nene!"

The girl screeched, scattering all of the cleaning supplies she was carrying onto the hallway floor. Nene would've been scrambling to pick the split bottles of disinfectant if it weren't for the cold, calloused hands tugging at her wrist.

A set of wide eyes greeted Nene with manic excitement. Their owner giggles at the startled expression she makes while flashing a sharp-toothed grin, giving her a clear indication of who exactly jumped her.

"Tsu- Tsukasa-kun!" Nene squeaked as he spun her around. "What are you-"

The question died on her tongue when the apparition halted to a stop and pulled at her shoulders.

"Hey! Hey! You want to know more about Amane, right?"

"I- What?"

Nene pried the boy's hands off her shoulders, bewildered. Moments ago, she was making the physical and mental preparation for cleaning duty to abruptly be twirled and hounded by one excessively loud Tsukasa. A Tsukasa who's unpredictable and equally as enigmatic as the brother he raves about. Who's attention always led her to a life-endangering situation.

"Well?" The boy clutched his hands around hers, expectantly.

"Huh? I mean, yes! Yes!" Nene quickly responded once out of her initial confusion. "I do, but why are you asking this?"

"Because~" Tsukasa drags the word on before continuing. "You've been pretty nosy! Asking all about Amane, but I like talking about Amane and I don't mind sharing secrets about him."

He lets go of Nene to pick two brooms off the ground. Tsukasa tosses one to her, which Nene nearly drops again upon catching it. Laughing giddily, he pointed the handle at the girl.

"So let's talk about Amane!" Was the last thing Nene heard before she had to block a sudden jab from Tsukasa's broom.

Nene stumbled back a few steps as Tsukasa continued to lunge at her. Shoes squeaked on the polished wood floors from the frantic dodges made to avoid the ongoing attacks.

"Wait!" Nene yelled amidst the strikes. "Tsukasa-kun what is-" Another thrust of her opponent's broom nearly hits her in the stomach. "Ah! What exactly are you doing?"

"Sword fighting!" Her attacker exclaimed. "Me and Amane would always play games like this! Oh! Just like this one game where we ran around outside pretending to be this one giant monster."

Nene watched as Tsukasa briefly ceased his advances to curl his fingers into claws.

"It was really big. It could squash buildings with one stomp and have them explode with its breath!"

"With its breath?" She echoed back, which the other boy nodded.

"Yeah! And we would roar just like it and go Gyaoooon!" Tsukasa let out a loud cry that Nene couldn't help but chuckle at.

Sword fighting with brooms was the last thing Nene expected to do. However, she decided that it wouldn't hurt to play along. At least, she hoped it wouldn't.

Seizing the opportunity, Nene shoved her broomstick toward Tsukasa. Wooden handles banged against each other as the apparition parried the attack.

"Ha! You can't get me that easily." He teased. "But that was smart! Really smart! Amane always tries to get me when I'm not looking, but I always know what he's thinking. We're twins after all!"