outreach day p2

Enid and I sit down on the bleachers for our second short speech of the day.

The mayor thanks us for our annual service, then lets us disperse to our assignments.

"Enid. Switch volunteer jobs." Wednesday says while catching up with us.

"What? No. Uriahs Heap is definitely not my bag." Enid says, making a face.

"Its an emergency. I need to check out Pilgrim World." Wednesday says.

"But Wednesday, this is not a fair trade. Why would i agree to spend the entire day at some dumpy emporium of crapola?"

"Because Ajax is volunteering there. I had Thing sneak a peak at his assignment. But if your not interested-"

"NO! Oh my god! Thank you! You're the best!" Enid almost runs into Uriah's Heap.

"Is Ajax really volunteering there? Or were you just saying that?" I joke.

"Unfortunately, he is. It would have been entertaining if he didnt though." Wednesday sighs.

"Well have fun in a pilgrim outfit. I hear its torture. And not the kind you would like." I say, walking to the Weathervane.

"Pilgrim outfit?" Wednesday asks, face turning completely white.

"You must be one of our volunteers. I'm Tyler. Tyler Galphin." The sheriff's son greets me from behind the counter.

"Inez Fallon." I give a small smile.

"Follow me to the back. Lets get you a uniform." He says, leading me to a pile of ugly clothes.

"Ew." I say, holding up the beige outfit in my hands.

"It's not the prettiest, I know. It beats those pilgrim outfits though," Tyler jokes.

I go to the bathroom to change, but when I return, I see Xavier behind the counter.

"Long time no see." I say smiling.

"Inez! Thank god. I thought I was stuck here alone with this psycho." Xavier says.

"Come on hes not that bad." I say, walking up to Tyler for instructions.

"Okay boss. What do you want me to do?" I ask Tyler, who is cleaning up a booth table.

"You could work the counter with me? And you could clear the tables!" He yells the last part for Xavier to hear.

"Sure." Xavier replies, obviously annoyed.

Making coffees for people is actually pretty fun, it barely feels like work.

After a couple hours, Tyler leaves the room for his 15 minute lunch break, leaving Xavier and I to keep the shop running.

I pull out my phone, feeling a notification buzz in my pocket.

It's Enid.

HE ASKED ME OUT!!!

WELL ACTUALLY I KIND OF ASKED HIM BUT

WHOA WHOA SLOW DOWN

WHO????

AJAX!!!

WERE MEETING BEHIND THE GREENHOUSE TONIGHT

ISN'T THAT THE PLACE WHERE EVERYONE MAKES OUT

EW ENID