fire will rain

Eugene is already there when we arrive, very happy.
"What's up with him?" I ask as we approach.
"Who knows." Wednesday says as we walk into the shed.
"Welcome to the Hummers Inez. I can't believe how big our club is." He says happily.
I send Wednesday another confused look.
There's literally only three of us... including him...

We collect some honey and place it into jars, Eugene even letting me keep a small jar.
"Well I'm going back to my dorm. Bye!" He says, rushing off.
"Hey wait! I'll walk you back. I told you to stick with me when your in the woods. That's what got me into this mess." I say, pointing to my cast.
He laughs, letting me and Wednesday catch up with him.
"I'm sorry about all this. It's my fault you were in the hospital." He frowns.
"Don't worry about it. I got to skip school for a few weeks." I joke, making him smile.
"Then your welcome." He smiles.
I give him a funny look, making him giggle.
He reminds me of Pugsley.
Returning him to his dorms, Wednesday and I walk to the quad.
It's only about 3pm, so we still have a lot of my birthday left.
"Are you excited about tomorrow?" I smile at Wednesday.
"You better not say anything." She says, threateningly.
Thing rests on my shoulder, my body protecting him from Wednesday.
"I wonder if they'll know anyways. Maybe they will have someone read our minds to find out your birthday. It's pretty hard to find out your birthday, especially because we're twins." I say sarcastically.

After spending a few hours in the quad talking, we return to her dorm. I lay in her bed to rest while she continued her novel, the clacks of the keys putting me to sleep.
Just before I could drift to sleep, someone barges through the door.
Enid shoves her phone in my face, making me flinch.
"What am I looking at?" I ask, drowsily.
"The lawn outside. Someone burned it into the grass a few minutes ago. Don't talk to me for a few minutes. My blog needs to hear about this!" She squeals.
Wednesday and I give each other a look of confusion before I return back to my dorm.
'Fire will Rain' maybe that has something to do with Violet and Goody.
Before I could unlock my door, someone pulled me into the girls bathroom, making me jump backwards.
It was only Enid.
"Hey. Tonight at midnight, Crackstone's crypt. We have a suprise for Wednesday." Enid smiles.
I nod, sharing her cheeky smile.
"Xavier and I asked Tyler to pick up the cakes. Hers is hidden safely in Xavier's room. Tyler ordered the flavor. Do you think 98% chocolate ganache is good?" She asks.
"Definitely. I can get her there later if you need?" I offer.
"Perfect. Don't tell her anything." She says.
"Of course." I grin.
This is going to be fun.

"I got you something." I say, handing Wednesday a box.
"Oh. You didn't need to." She says, taking the box and immediately ripping off the wrapping paper. Her face drops.
"Now I can bother you all day long. I also downloaded TikTok and instagram and made you an account on both." I say, showing her how to unlock it.
"Great." She says, sarcastically.
"See you tomorrow birthday girl." I blow Wednesday a kiss as I leave her dorm room, grinning at Enid.

I stand outside of Ophelia hall, my phone light illuminating my face.

🫡
day

Hi Wednesday, this is Inez
10:55 AM
Is your phone working?
Hellooooooooooooo???
Read 9:17 PM
Okay I get it, leave me on read I guess.
Read 9:26 PM
WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
911!!!! SOS!!!!!!!!!
What?
I GOT SOME LEADS ON THE MONSTER.
MEET ME OUTSIDE IN 10
Fine.
Read 11:39 PM