cat

Wednesday

My father has never hurt a fly, his attention solely resting on my mother. The two are so infatuated with each other that they would lie about murder.
With this information in mind, I go visit my father in jail.
Thing beside me, father enters the room, dressed in orange.

Knowing that time is limited, I begin my investigation immediately, asking him about what really happened at the Rave'n 30 years ago.

He tells me how Garret had interest in my mother, which drove him mad over jealousy. How Garret Gates had attempted to murder him, and as a defense mechanism he stabbed him in the chest with a saber.

Despite the fact that his story is completely plausible, there are many motions he does that prove his dishonesty.
The way he combs his mustache, or the comforting wink he gives.
I've been playing Russian roulette with him since I was twelve. There was no mistaking his lies.

"Thank you for your honesty." I say, knowing only part of what he said was true.

"I wish I had been a better father." He says, emotionally.

"Can we please do without the overt display of emotion?" I say, uncomfortable.

"I know they make you uncomfortable." He says.

To cheer him up, I tell him of how he has taught me how to be independent and never lose sight of myself, which proves that he has been more than adequate as a father.

"Gracias, Wednesday." He thanks me before I leave, going to prove his innocence to the sherrif.

Tyler's father dismisses me, being too blinded by his pride and ego to realize that my father is innocent.

Inez

Xavier and I finish eating, then head back up to my dorm.

"So we dated?" I ask as he leads me back up the stairs.

"Don't sound so surprised." He jokes.

"Why'd we break up then?" I ask curiously.

The air gets thick, making it obvious to me that he didn't want to discuss it.

"Forget what I said. Do you know what my power is?" I change the subject.

"Oh. Yeah its telekinesis. You can move shit with your mind." He says as we approach my door.

"Cool. So I could like throw you across the hallway right now?" I ask excitedly.

"Please don't." He says, smiling.

I unlock the door with my key, letting us both in.

"You can stay if you want. I wouldn't mind." I smile.

It's not like I knew anyone else here. I also don't know how to get around the school yet, so I would definitely get lost.

I sit down on my bed, propping my leg up on a few pillows.

The room stays silent for a few seconds, becoming more awkward every second.

"So... I can remember my parents now." I say proudly.

"Really? That's great." He says, disappointed.

We sit in the silence once again, neither of us quite sure what to say.

Xavier sits down at my desk, pulling out a notebook from his bag.

"What's that?" I ask.

He doesn't say anything, instead he flips to a page and shows me a beautiful drawing of a flower.

"What should I draw?" He says, looking deeply into my eyes.

"A cat?" I suggest.

He laughs, confusing me.

"What's so funny?" I ask, confused.

"You always ask for a cat." He says, flipping through tens of pages of cats.

He takes out a pencil and begins to draw, stopping occasionally to brush his hair away from his face.
After a few minutes, me turns his notebook to me, revealing a drawing of an orange tabby cat.

Then, he hovers his hand over the page, a cat slowly emerging from the page.

"Oh my god! That's so cool! Can I hold it?" I squeal.

He laughs, looking at me with loving eyes before placing the drawing onto my lap.

The cat purrs, curling up into a ball and falling asleep.

"Why do they always like you more than me?" He says, acting disappointed.

I crack a smile.

"Maybe they just have good taste." I joke, before placing the cat back onto the page, reverting it back into a 2 dimensional drawing.

The boy begins to tear the corner of the page out.

"Stop! What are you doing?" I say, placing my hand on his to stop him.

His face turns bright red to the touch of my hand.

"I'm just tearing it out for you. Don't worry." He says, trying to sound calm.

"It? Aren't you going to name him?" I ask.

"Him?" He says.

"I don't know if it was a girl or a boy. You check." I said, flustered.

"Ew no. I'm not a pervert. You do it." He says, handing me the page.

"Oh my god you're such a crybaby. Whatever, it doesn't matter. What should we name them?" I ask.

"I'm bad with names. Besides, you're the favorite." He says.

"You're the creator." I say, handing him the drawing.

"Okay fine. Um. Xavier Junior." He jokes.

"Hmm. I love it." I laugh, placing the drawing on my night stand.

"Look at us. Two parents of a drawing of a cat." He says, smiling.

Time passes by fast, Xavier and I laugh for hours.

"What else is in here?" I ask before taking the journal out of his hand.

"Hey!" He says playfully.

I laugh, flipping through the pages.

My eyes stop on a drawing of a familiar face. Me.

"Ooo. You got it kind of wrong though. I'm way prettier than this." I laugh.

His face goes red like a tomato, blushing once again.

Before he could protest, someone barged into the room.
Yoko.

"Wednesday was just arrested." She says, looking shocked.

authors note:

happy new years!!

kind of short chapter but i just wanted to update at least once today before the craziness of tonight.

i hope you all have a great last day of 2022 <33