phoenix

I hoped that the past few days had just been nightmares, but every day, I wake up to the empty feeling in my heart.
Wednesday finally found out the monster's name. Hyde.
I wanted to feel happy for her discovery. I really did.
But all my mind could think of was Xavier.
Therapy was never going to fix that.

"I'm so glad you called last night. It makes me happy that you trusted me." Kinbott smiles.

"I didn't know who to call. I just know I'm not normal. And I don't mean like powers or anything. I mean like mentally." I say, laying down on the small couch.

"We'll it's great that you've accepted that you need help. That's one step closer to being good." She says, trying to instill hope in my brain.

How could I be hopeful at a time like this? I was supposed to die soon. Really soon.

Before anything else could be discussed, someone rudely barges in, making me sharply exhale realizing my time was over.

"Wednesday. I didn't think we had an appointment today." She smiles, standing up to greet my sister.

I get barging in when I'm not doing anything important, but this was very important. She knew I needed this, but she decided that her own needs were greater than my own.

"I found this in your room, Dr Kinbott. Or should I say Laurel." Wednesday says, making me shove past her to escape her madness.

She doesn't chase after me.
Wednesday could do whatever she wanted. I want power like that.
Power over my own thoughts.
Of course though, I've been defective since birth.

I knew that I was alone now. I knew that I had pushed everyone away. I knew that.

I hate that I'm not even mad at my sister now. I hate that everytime she does this to me, I just come right back to her.

All I do is return to Wednesday's room, laying on Wednesday's cold bed in an emotionless manner.
My mind wanders again.

Why not call my family? I haven't really gotten to know them yet. Or even ask questions.

Pulling out Wednesday's crystal ball, I try everything to summon the family.

"Hello? How the fuck am I supposed to use this thing?" I tap the glass, confused.

"Inez?" A small voice comes from beside me, making me let out a small scream.

"Oh. It worked." I say, sitting down at Wednesday's desk.

"Is everything okay?" Morticia asks worriedly.

"Yeah. Just wanted to ask a few questions." I fake a smile.

"Okay, shoot." Gomez's face appears beside my mother.

"Well first off, why was I adopted? And why do I have visions? I thought I could only have one power." I ask.

"Im sorry. We don't exactly know the answer to your first question. We do however know about your powers." My father says with a warm smile.

"Yes. I have visions just like you and your sister. The telekinesis is from your fathers side of the family." She smiles.

"Oh." I don't really have a response. It's not like this was important information.

"Yes. Your sister is a raven. I have reasons to believe you are a phoenix." My mother says with a smile.

A phoenix?