❤️Chapter 2 - You're friends with the Fatui?❤️

" I can't believe I got to witness something so cool and crazy at the beginning of my journey. It was awesome but also terrifying!"

The entire walk back to the Funeral parlor Rei listened to Nika ramble on about the little adventure up to the Jade Chamber and how amazing it was when Rei protected everyone on the chamber. Nika was still in her fox form as she seemed to still be a little uneasy after all of it and so Rei was carrying her around while they made their way back to the funeral parlor.

" Still I'm glad I at least helped a bit trust me that thing a lot harder to get rid of and I would know about it." Rei said.

The two continued their way and not even a few feet away from the parlor one of the attendants at the front rushed over and told Rei that her father was excepting her at Northland Bank. Rei thought that was a bit strange but thanked her and quickly made her way over with Nika.

" Is your father always this busy with work?" Nika asked.

" Normally yes but I haven't been home for quite some time so I'm not sure how much his work load has increased."

Nor do I know why he didn't help in dealing with Osial, he never said anything about not intervening if something like this could happen in his last letter , Rei thought to herself.

When they arrived at Northland bank Rei felt like something was off but Nika told her to hurry before her father went back to work again. Rei relented and opened the doors to step inside what awaited them was not something she was expecting. Of course she had to keep Nika from running off to that young man she had seen earlier who was now infront of them, aside from him, was her father, another fatui harbinger, and an outlander with a floating companion. Almost as soon as they entered all eyes were on her and Nika.

" What exactly is going on here?" Rei asked looking over at her father, Zhongli.

" I'll explain everything to you later for now hand my gnosis to the fatui." he replied.

" Wait she's had it this hold time?"

" Is that really surprising? I mean he told me he didn't need it anymore so he gave it to me for safe keeping." Rei said looking over at Childe.

" It shouldn't come as a surprise Childe, after all she's his only daughter. By the way what exactly are you doing here Rei dear? I thought you'd be with Pantalone assisting him in his endeavors." Signora said as she turned to face Rei.

Nika looked up at Rei who had tightened her hold on her, she was looking away and had gone quiet.

Wait, she knows them? Hold on a minute if she knew the fatui and that cute guy too, why is she asking me to stay away? That's not fair! Nika thought to herself but stayed quiet.

" Let's just say he did something that I am overly upset about so I won't be going back to see him. But that's not important right now. I have a feeling that my father promised his gnosis to you for some reason so I'll just hand it over." Rei said producing the gnosis from thin air.

She walked over to Signora and handed it over before making her way to stand next to her father, all while she heard the outlanders companion complaining as to why they were doing such a thing. She seemed eager to stay near her father since she took notice that Childe was eyeing Nika and was slowing inching his way over to get a closer look, something that Nika would no doubt be happy about. After that Rei once again went off into her own world just staring at the ground while the others continued to talk about what had happened. Meanwhile during this time Nika would often steal a few glances towards childe who was obviously also looking at her.

" Well, we will be taking our leave. Rei dear, come visit the palace when you have time, id love to sit down and have tea with you again." Signora said as she took her leave.