❤️Chapter 10 - Returning to Liyue❤️

In the following days, Nika enjoyed her time in Monstadt and she went around the city on her own. Of course, Rei was somewhere nearby watching over her. As the days passed by Rei wondered if they were going to go on ahead to another nation soon or were they going to stay here until Nika got tired and wanted to move on. Although, she thought for now it would be best to leave everything up to Nika like she was doing now. Rei wanted her to be a little more independent, however, she still felt the need to watch over her whenever she went off on her own in the city.
On one particular day, while Rei was sitting up on the statue in front of the cathedral Nika came looking for her. It was late in the afternoon and Nika wanted to return to Rei's realm as she wanted to take a nap. Rei saw her attempting to climb up and she went down to ask her what she needed. Of course, Nika told her she wanted to take a nap so she wanted to return to her realm to sleep. Rei was feeling a little drained too so she didn't hesitate to get them to her realm, once inside the mansion Nika was ready to spring for her room. But she decided to get a snack first before her nap, while she did that Rei went to her room to change into something else. She entered her room and was surprised to find Qiqi sitting on the couch in her room drinking some coconut milk. Rei made her way over to take a seat next to her before asking her how she had been and if there was something she needed. Qiqi finished her drink before asking her to return to Liyue with her. Rei was surprised and asked her what the occasion was to which Qiqi told her that it was almost time for Lantern Rite.

" Oh, it's that time already? We've been here in Monstadt for a lot longer that expected."

" Will you come back?"

Rei thought about it for a minute, she did want to celebrate Lantern Rite again but she wasn't sure if Nika was ready to leave.
" Why don't I ask Nika how she feels about coming along with us first, if she agrees then we can all travel together."
Qiqi nodded, she laid her head down on Rei's lap while she pat her head.
"By the way QIqi, did you make yourself some coconut milk?"
" No, big brother made it for me." she replied.
Rei was confused by who she was talking about and after a bit more questioning she realized who she had seen before they arrived. After Qiqi had fallen asleep she carefully picked her up and placed her in her bed. Rei decided to use another room to sleep, she went out into the living area where she found Nika sleeping on one of the couches with her journals on the floor next to her. She picked them up and neatly put them on the table before going to find a blanket to cover her. Soon she was making her way upstairs towards the room that was usually locked. She decided to knock first and when she didn't receive an answer she went inside. Rei looked around but there was no one in the room she made her way over to where the bed was on the left side and she sat down. She sat there for a moment before laying down and staring up at the ceiling for a while. She laid on her side wondering why she couldn't sleep she had been tired just a moment ago. But now she was unable to fall asleep which was quite annoying. She hoped that maybe she would fall asleep soon and just decided to stop thinking so much.
Hours passed and somehow Rei had managed to fall asleep, she woke up to a lot of commotion coming from outside and wondered what was going on. She got up still kind of half asleep wondering who was making so much noise at this hour and was not surprised to find Qiqi playing with Nika. They were running around taking turns chasing each other with Nika occasionally knocking over things as she passed by them which explained why there were books on the floor. She watched them for awhile until Nika noticed her and asked her to come down and join them. Rei told her that it was fine if they continued their game and she was better of simply watching them have fun, although, there was something she wanted to talk to Nika about. Rei made her way downstairs and started to pick up the books to place them back where they were supposed to go while her friends played for a little longer. It took them almost an hour before they took a break and that was when Rei told Nika about how Qiqi wanted to celebrate this year's Lantern Rite with her. And she wanted to know if Nika was ready to leave Monstadt and go back to Liyue for a while. Nika of course, agreed as she was excited about celebrating along with them but she wanted Rei to help her pick something nice to wear out of all the fancy clothes Childe had gifted her.