🖤Chapter 4 - Flowers and Visions🖤

The next morning, Nika woke up a little distracted by the conversation she had the other night with Xiao. She felt pretty bad for Rei but she wondered if there was more to their story. Nika wondered if there was something she could do to help, still she thought it was best for her to wait a bit before she did anything. She needed to get a bit more information before she thought of how to help the two of them since it seems like Xiao didn't really know what Rei had done. She decided to ask Rei and later Zhongli to see if he knew anything about this when she got the chance. For now, she got ready to start the day and she set off to find Rei in the harbor. She had a vague Idea of where she was at the moment ever since they arrived here Rei had spent most of her time at Bubu Pharmacy so that was the best bet she had to finding her. Upon arriving she quickly went to the pharmacy hoping to see if Rei was there but according to the attendant she asked it seemed like Rei had gone out with Qiqi for a walk after they were done collecting herbs. Nika wondered if she should go look for Rei or stay put until she came looking for her, in the end, Nika decided to head back to the inn thinking maybe Rei was waiting for her somewhere nearby. During her walk she pulled out one of the many journals she had started to carry with her in a bag and decided to continue to read where she left off the other night. There was quite a few details about her sisters time in Monstadt and Nika couldn't help but excitedly read the entries wondering if they would get the chance to head there soon. Some time later Nika made it to Guiili Plains she was going to keep walking when she spotted a figure near the water. She approached cautiously before sighing in relief there leaning back on a large rock was Rei fast asleep with a small child on her lap who was also sleeping soundly. Nika figured the small child was Qiqi and studied the two as they slept, from what she could see they both had similar talismans on their bodies. She also took notice that Rei had once again changed her attire she was wearing a much less revealing dress with long sleeves, her hair was no longer tied up instead she had it freely falling over her shoulders. Nika decided not to bother them and instead took a seat next to them and continued to read her journal. When she finished she got bored and decided to wander nearby to pick some flowers in the meantime. In her quest to find flowers she strayed a bit too far and wandered near a hillichurl camp, not knowing that even at a certain distance they would notice her presence. Nika was preoccupied with her flower picking she didn't realize the monsters were approaching her it wasn't until she heard the loud footsteps that were making her way towards her that she turned to look behind her. Nika turned around to find a large mitachurl looming behind her, of course, when she saw it lifting up the axe she knew what was coming and ran off back in the direction she came. Of course when she saw that that they were still chasing after her she was quick to call out for Rei. Nika tripped over a large stone hitting the ground harshly, she shut her eyes waiting for what was going to come only for nothing to happen. She turned back to see Rei blocking the attack while Qiqi took care of the smaller hillichurls. Nika watched in amazement as she watched Rei easily take out the large hilluchurl without any problems. 

" Are you alright?' Rei said as she put away her weapon.

Qiqi ran over and stood next to Rei before holding on to her skirt.

" What exactly were you doing?" 

" Umm, well, I found you some time ago and I decided not to disturb you to so I sat down to read my journal. After I finished I kind of got bored and went to pick flowers but I strayed too far away."

" I see, well we just finished picking herbs awhile ago but I'm sure Qiqi wouldn't mind coming along with us to pick some flowers."

Nika looked at Qiqi who seemed to have quite an excited look in her eye.

" Rei, umm.... are the two of you the same?" Nika asked as she glance at both of their talismans.

" I guess you could say in a way we are somewhat the same, well, she's not part dragon  like I am but in the aspect that we are both the undead then yes we are the same."