💚Chapter 7 - The City of freedom💚

Rei sighed as she rolled over in bed, she thought it was too quiet and sat up wondering if Nika was still asleep. Rei wasn't sure when she went to bed last night since she had spend a majority of last night having tea and teasing Scaramouche. Still she half expected Nika to run into her room and wake her up but it seemed like this time around there was no sign of the energetic little fox. Rei stretched and got out of bed to change before leaving the comfort of her room to check on Nika. She knocked on her bedroom door before opening it only to find that Nika was nowhere to be found. Rei looked for her in the library before going to look in the kitchen and that's where she found her making breakfast. 

" Hi Rei! I'm making us breakfast today! Is there anything you want?" Nika asked excitedly.

" No, I'm alright. I'll just make myself some tea but thank you for offering."

After they sat down, Nika happily began to eat her food before striking up a conversation about where she wanted to go today. And she also wanted to know if Rei ever ate and if she had a favorite food she liked to eat. 

" If you really want to know I like desserts, I just don't really have much of an appetite nowadays but I really love the pudding an old friend of mine makes whenever I come to visit her."

" Aren't you starving though?"

" Is there a reason why you're asking me so many questions?"

" Maybe." Nika replied with a smile.

An hour later, they had finally left Rei's realm and were officially making their way towards the city's gate. Since Rei had been here once before they weren't stopped at the gate especially since Nika ran in and was in awe about the new city she was now in. 

Nika wanted to know where everything was and ran ahead while Rei kept a close eye on her

Nika wanted to know where everything was and ran ahead while Rei kept a close eye on her. Nika was so excited and really wanted to climb the buildings, of course, Rei told her she might hurt herself so she should refrain from doing so. The thing that caught Nika's attention however was the large statue of the Anemo god that was up high up near the church. 

" We have to at least climb that!" Nika said as she took of in the direction the statue was.

" I am so getting  drink after this." Rei said as she followed Nika.

Once they arrived Nika wanted Rei to fly them up to the hands of the stature to see the view of the entire city from up there. Of course, Rei did as she asked and flew them up to the statue where Nika sat excitedly to take in the view. She had hoped Childe would have stayed to walk around the city but he had to leave, so now she was here wondering who to ask about her sister. 

" I think we should question everyone we come across while we walk the city, I mean i might not know what she looks like but since we're related then she must look really similar to me."

" Alright then, I'll follow you around just lead the way." 

Nika decided to take a few more minutes before heading down to start her questioning and of course sightseeing. Rei simply followed her as she talked to everyone and anyone that they came across. Although, no one knew who she could be looking for so after awhile Nika simply decided to look around the city a bit more. Of course, she read one of the journals as she walked.